Author Topic: Beatrice Dixon  (Read 1051 times)

Offline vyckil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beatrice Dixon
« on: Tuesday 04 November 08 06:44 GMT (UK) »
Good morning.

I have a bit of a mystery which has been frustrating me for years now.... I will be extremely excited if anyone can figure it out!

My grandmother (Glenys Morgan 1924) told me her mothers name was Beatric Dixon. Beatrice was born in Newport in 1892, and married Georg Morgan in 1922. Her mother was, I believe Mary Jane Edwards, born 1864 in Cwmmer, Wales, and her father Albert Dixon born 1858.

In 1891 census I can find Mary Jane and Albert living in Mynyddyslwyn, Wales with their first 3 children, Albert, Blodwen and William. By the 1901 census Albert is married to an Elizabeth, and they have additional children Bessie and Mary, but also Blodwen is still with them. Did Mary Jane die?

There is no sign in 1901 census of Mary Jane, or Beatrice. I thought maybe they were both using Mary Jane's maiden name (Edwards), but I still cant find them. My grandmother believed that her mother spent part of her childhood in London, but we cant be sure.

So.... where is Beatrice Dixon in 1901? What happened to her mother? It is a mystery!  ???

The name can be spelled several ways, Dixon, Dixson, Dickson, but still I can't find her. If anyone has any insights or suggestions whatsoever I will be eternally grateful because this one is really driving me crazy!  :)

Thanks

Vicki
Hunt, Morgan, Green, Surrell, Minnitt, Clarke, Gibbs, Dixon

Offline winston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Beatrice Dixon
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 07:56 GMT (UK) »
HI

Do you have the marriage cert of Beatrice to confirm that her father was indeed Albert?

Wendy
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Blakeley in Batley West Yorks
Turner in Hanging Heaton West Yorkshire
Dann last known area Soothill West Yorks
Hirst in Hanging heaton W Yorks
Moss in Morley and Leeds
Parker in Morley W Yorks
Parker in Hull E Yorks
Tilburns in Morley W Yorks

Offline vyckil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beatrice Dixon
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have seen it before but I have moved away from home since then and it is somewhere in the depths of my mothers attic.... so I dont exactly have it to hand. I did use it to get Beatrice's parents names when I first started this!

Thanks so much for trying to help

Vicki
Hunt, Morgan, Green, Surrell, Minnitt, Clarke, Gibbs, Dixon