Author Topic: Wills- Youde family  (Read 14317 times)

Offline jean.ellison

• RootsChat Member
  • Cornelius Langshaw
    • View Profile
Wills- Youde family
« on: Wednesday 05 November 08 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi All, I have just discovered some wills listed in the catalogue for the National Library of Wales for my ancestors and wondered if anyone knows how I can apply for copies of them and how much they will cost?, best wishes, Jean
Bailey, Bayliffe, Ellison- Lancs,
Youd, Youde- Flint & Lancs
Massey- Rixton
Devine Ireland & Lancs
Gilchrist
Rogers- Rhosllanerchrugog
Langshaw- Lancs
Hannah- Lancs
Derrick- Notts & Lancs
Hartley- Caton
Bolton- Lancs
Arstall & Hankinson- Lancs

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: Wills- Youde family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean.......

I have a few wills for my Podmore family, from Flintshire.

I applied online  www.llgc.org.uk

You will need the reference number , and I think mine cost about 5-6 pounds.

Mine was written in 1784 , and was really informative , and really helped me a lot with my research.

Regards

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline jean.ellison

• RootsChat Member
  • Cornelius Langshaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 November 08 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeannie, thanks for the reply, I have sent them an email to find out costs etc.
I have also had wills that have helped my research,  but I find a lot of them very difficult to know where to apply for them, the ones I want were actually listed on  Family research Lancashire Wills lists, so I asked Lancashire record office, who told me they were not held there and to apply to Chester record office, but then I accidently came across them in the Wales Library Catalogue, hopefully I will now be able to get my hands on them, can't wait, best wishes, Jean
Massey- Rixton
Devine Ireland & Lancs
Gilchrist
Langshaw- Lancs
Hannah- Lancs
Derrick- Notts & Lancs
Hartley- Caton
Bolton- Lancs

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 November 08 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Jean.....

Just to let you know , that I have quite a few of the Parish Registers , for Hawarden . The name Youde / Youd , do's figure in them .

If your family came from Hawarden , I just may be able to help in the future.

Regards

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline jean.ellison

• RootsChat Member
  • Cornelius Langshaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 November 08 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeannie, Yes my Youd's did originate from Hawarden and I have had quite a bit of help with them with another kind member of this board, but I wonder if you could look to see if you can find a Thomas Youd or Youde born about 1802?, I am trying to establish a link with this Thomas to my great great grandfather, Samuel Youde, a Farmer born about 1815, could you also please tell me what years are covered on your parish records, please?, would apprecaite any help, best wishes, Jean
Massey- Rixton
Devine Ireland & Lancs
Gilchrist
Langshaw- Lancs
Hannah- Lancs
Derrick- Notts & Lancs
Hartley- Caton
Bolton- Lancs

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 March 09 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jean.ellison. A g.g.grandfather of mine Richard Parry married Ellen YOUD 12th. Oct.1795 in Doddleston and both are of that parish. Witnesses George Burton and John Pilbbea or something like that.
Richard was a farmer in Higher Kinnerton.

One other bit I found about Youd is in Hope P.R.s. 28/12/1797 John Youd born to Thomas and Anne of Doddleston.

Can you tell me if the above Ellen is connected to your family please? Thank you, Alan
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline William_Youd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 April 09 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

I am a gt. grand son of Joshua Youd of Hope (1876). I think I'm the only one of his brach of the family to have sons that carry the name, and we would dearly love to trace them back as far as possible but have no clue how to prior 1837.

I've not heard of the John Youd mentioned in the previous post. However, I do know my grand father F.S. Youd was born at Fron Farm in Hope Mountain, as was his father Joshua. However, Joshua's father, John (1830) was born to William Youd (1794) and Susannah Youd (ne. Jenkins) who was from Doddleston, Kinnerton.
Would anyone be able to confirm if the William Youd (1794) was born to Thomas and Anne??
Many thanks in anticipation,
p.s. the 1861 census entry of the Youds of Hope was spelt Youde, but not in previous or subsequent years. The Fron Farm was also mispelt as 'Vron'  also.
William Youd

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Youds pre 1837
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 18:29 BST (UK) »
Dear William. All I have is the marr. of Richard Parry my ggg.grandfather to Ellen Youd 12/10/1795 which is in doddleston/Higher Kinnerton parish records which are at Chester RO, Duke St. Chester CH1 1RL phone 01244 602574. You need an appointment.

I could not find anymore in the above records about Ellen or other Youds so I guess they were from another parish or were non-conformists etc. Higher Kinnerton had parts in Hope parish as well as Doddleston.

The info. about John Youd I got from indexes to Hope P.R.s in Mold Public library among other places. In the index to marr. 1780 to 1812 on page 51 is John born to Thomas and Anne of Doddleston by License.

Doing it by license suggests that one or both may have been from other parishes or there was some hurry or they just preferred that.

The next time I get around to it I will look for youds again working from the info. you have given me. The best place to look at Hope records is Harwarden RO, Tjhe Old Rectory, Harwarden. CH5 3NR tel 01244 532364. Again an appt. is needed.

Hope this is some help, I will get back to you when/if I get anymore. Good searching Alan

Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Wills- Youde family again
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 11:50 BST (UK) »
Dear William, Me again. I have just read what I sent yesterday. I had copied from my rough notes and can't now see how I got a birth of John mixed up with the marriages. It is dated 28/12/1797 and must be the birth of John or it would have had Anne's nee name. I think I may have seen the marriage somewhere else and mixed up the notes. I will check as soon as I can.

Going through old notes again I found in Doddleston births 2/12/1799 Anne daughter of John Youd farmer of H.K. Later I found she married someone called Tisncock or something like that.

In H.K. census 1851 is Mary Youd 77 widow, farmer of 67 acres born Mold. Also there is son Samuel 36 and his wife Elizabeth 29 from Pulford Cheshire and their children Margaret 9, George 4 and John 3 all born H.K. plus a grandson Thomas Davies 9 born Dudley Staffs.

So maybe John 1797 was a brother of your William 1794, again I will chech when I can.

Bye for now Alan