Author Topic: John Anderson RNVR Auchterarder  (Read 44716 times)

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Anderson RNVR Auchterarder
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 07:45 BST (UK) »
First of all thank you very much for your replies. John Anderson married Eleanor, (Mitchell from Greenock maybe around 1917/ 1918 )- she had sisters Florence, Elspeth and maybe another sister Anne (who I believe emigrated to Canada). Their father was Dugald MacI nnes Mitchell and I'm told  a sea captain. Ella died in 1919 in Southampton  a few months after giving birth. An address at the Polygon in Southampton.

As with John Anderson, his Father in Law, Dugald MacInnes Mitchell was also a qualified Mechanical Engineer, a Marine Steam Engine Fitter according to 1891 Census 9 East Blackhall St, Greenock East, Renfrewshire. Born Abt 1860 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland, United Kingdom. Married Elizabeth Ann in England or Scotland. Elizabeth Ann was English born. Their first Daughter Annie Ethel was born in Durham, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, England.
Burden, Bannatyne, Eadie, Dalgeish, Thomson, Rae, Muir, McCartney, McArthur

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 07:55 BST (UK) »
Re reply 75 Wed 9 June malwil2.

With regard to the downloading of the images, the only image which belongs to me is the one of John Anderson with his Eadie relations in front of the Redwood tree at Stanley Park, Vancouver. (In that I have the original photograph). If you intend to download this for commercial purposes then I shall be grateful if you would let me know, on this forum, any details beforehand.

Hello from Bron. Mal and I are in Australia. I am from the Eadie Burden line and Mal is from the Eadie Lawson. We are not commercial genealogists, but Family historians. That's all. We work with Andrew Eadie, from also our line/s. The Anderson Family married, along with John's ancestors, into all our mutual ancestors and or a few descendants.

Bron

Offline Human-project

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 21 April 11 04:46 BST (UK) »
Iam looking From My Great Great Grandparents relatives:
Margaret Anderson Born 1836 who married Robert G Duff born 1835 in Scotland.
Here is the family tree of the Duffs and Andersons ..
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/y/l/Roger-F-Aylard/PDFGENEO1.pdf

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone ?

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Monday 02 May 11 07:29 BST (UK) »
Hello, I tried to look at the file but all these names, and so small. Far too much. All I can suggest is that the people you are looking for need to come a little more explained (dod, place Parents etc, as much as possible, a good guess would be okay). If you can at all, a location would be helpful. My Marg. Anderson who married my Robert Duff were born later. Sorry.

Bron

Offline sula sgeir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hello - thanx for the further posting.

Margaret Duff was my Grandfather's aunt, and I get the impression they were very close. There are a number of pictures of them together  in the family album. Margaret's sons were John and Robert, and they farmed at Ravenswood, a poultry farm near Cumbernauld.  The group photo at the front door of Ravenswood ( in a previous posting) shows  Margaret, and John Anderson. Both died in 1942 within days of each other - TB.

I recall meeting either John or Robert when I was a child,  in the late '50s. I do not have any further information regarding the Duffs. All the data I have posted comes from personal memories, and family anecdotes handed down. The Anderson names you mention seem fairly common, and can be seen in previous postings. best wishes.

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 13:12 BST (UK) »
Dear 'Human-Project' Person. As, kindly so, my Cousin 'sula sgeir' suggests by imparting for you, his data references on these pages .....

Your Anderson and Duff people may not be located here. These Anderson and Duff Families or groups of people, have specific locations or 'bits' of Scotland, whereupon they grew'd up etc. And, until your details are further explained not many of us may assist you.

Bron

Best you provide all and sundry with
Hello - thanx for the further posting.

Margaret Duff was my Grandfather's aunt, and I get the impression they were very close. There are a number of pictures of them together  in the family album. Margaret's sons were John and Robert, and they farmed at Ravenswood, a poultry farm near Cumbernauld.  The group photo at the front door of Ravenswood ( in a previous posting) shows  Margaret, and John Anderson. Both died in 1942 within days of each other - TB.

I recall meeting either John or Robert when I was a child,  in the late '50s. I do not have any further information regarding the Duffs. All the data I have posted comes from personal memories, and family anecdotes handed down. The Anderson names you mention seem fairly common, and can be seen in previous postings. best wishes.

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 13:16 BST (UK) »
Dear 'Human-Project' Person. As, kindly so, my Cousin 'sula sgeir' suggests by imparting for you, his data references on these pages .....

Your Anderson and Duff people may not be located here. These Anderson and Duff Families or groups of people, have specific locations or 'bits' of Scotland, whereupon they grew'd up etc. And, until your details are further explained not many of us may assist you.

Bron

PS. Your Link- http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/y/l/Roger-F-Aylard/PDFGENEO1.pdf is very very Big and hard to wrangle. You have no specific locations, dates, nor specifics. Sorry, no quick fix here from me. I am sorry about that.

Bron

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/a/y/l/Roger-F-Aylard/PDFGENEO1.pdf

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone ?

Offline sula sgeir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 05 August 11 12:29 BST (UK) »
text on reverse of photgraph  " Avenue to Gleneagles House, the little girl standing there is Janet Forbes Anderson ( Auntie Jennie) taken in 1895 soon after our Father died. The P.P.C. of Gleneagles House shows where your Grand Father John Anderson stayed often with Granny and Auntie where your Great Grandfather John Anderson was born, died aged 35 in 1895, his Father also John Anderson lived and died there, also his Father John Anderson, all these Forebears buried at Blackford except my brother ( your Grandad ) he is buried at Cumbernauld".
Writing this today 18th July 1964.
Auntie Meg (77)
Margaret Eadie Anderson.

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Saturday 06 August 11 05:29 BST (UK) »
text on reverse of photgraph  " Avenue to Gleneagles House, the little girl standing there is Janet Forbes Anderson ( Auntie Jennie) taken in 1895 soon after our Father died. The P.P.C. of Gleneagles House shows where your Grand Father John Anderson stayed often with Granny and Auntie where your Great Grandfather John Anderson was born, died aged 35 in 1895, his Father also John Anderson lived and died there, also his Father John Anderson, all these Forebears buried at Blackford except my brother ( your Grandad ) he is buried at Cumbernauld".
Writing this today 18th July 1964.
Auntie Meg (77)
Margaret Eadie Anderson.

I was thinking about my Anderson Cousins last night, doing some work on the Family pages. Thank you for this beautiful picture. As I live in Australia and only visited England in my youth, I obviously cannot enjoy the beauty of either Blackford, Perthshire in general, nor Stirling, where the other Cousins of the Eadie, Burden and Andersons came from for example. thank you so much. From Bron 2nd cousin 2x removed