Author Topic: Daisy Rolls  (Read 4213 times)

Offline aussiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Daisy Rolls
« on: Friday 04 February 05 11:10 GMT (UK) »
I hope someone can help me.  I am trying to trace a Daisy A Rolls who was born at Fenstaton in 1882.  I have located in the Cencus records until 1901.   I found a record of a marriage in the name of Daisy Alberta Rolls in the June quarter 1911 at Risbridge.  I am in Australia and could someone please tell me how to find out if it the same person.  Much appreciated

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Rolls
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 February 05 12:39 GMT (UK) »
The quick answer is that you would have to order a copy of the marriage certificate from the GRO to see if details of the father matched with the Daisy born in Fenstanton.  But I don't think it's quite that straightforward (is it ever?) as looking at the 1891 and 1901 censuses her father is not in the household, just Hephzibah Rolls, presumably her mother, in 1891.

However in 1881 Hephzibah was with husband Tom Rolls and son Samuel aged 1, with her father Henry Hyde living in the same house.  I would look for Daisy's birth registration in 1882 to see what her full name was. If Alberta was her middle name you are probably pretty safe in assuming that the marriage entry is the same Daisy, and you wouldn't be throwing away seven quid in ordering it - as I said above, if the father's name is Tom then that should  clinch it.  You mentioned the marriage entry was in Risbridge registration district, which is in Suffolk, not too far away from Fenstanton.

Hope this helps

Regards

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline aussiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that.  I ordered the marriage certificate and it was my Daisy.  She married Arthur George Hurrell.  Where do I go from here
The quick answer is that you would have to order a copy of the marriage certificate from the GRO to see if details of the father matched with the Daisy born in Fenstanton.  But I don't think it's quite that straightforward (is it ever?) as looking at the 1891 and 1901 censuses her father is not in the household, just Hephzibah Rolls, presumably her mother, in 1891.

However in 1881 Hephzibah was with husband Tom Rolls and son Samuel aged 1, with her father Henry Hyde living in the same house.  I would look for Daisy's birth registration in 1882 to see what her full name was. If Alberta was her middle name you are probably pretty safe in assuming that the marriage entry is the same Daisy, and you wouldn't be throwing away seven quid in ordering it - as I said above, if the father's name is Tom then that should  clinch it.  You mentioned the marriage entry was in Risbridge registration district, which is in Suffolk, not too far away from Fenstanton.

Hope this helps

Regards

David

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi
while I was looking for your Daisy which I did not find
thought you might like to see these names for some Rolls on the BVRI

Beaver ,Capon,Easter ,Brook ,Frost .Summer , Kezia