Author Topic: molloy/Hayes family  (Read 8196 times)

Offline crazymolloy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
molloy/Hayes family
« on: Friday 28 November 08 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,I'm trying to find out if John molloy dob1898 born carnew,co wicklow and his wife Anne Hayes 1889 ,had any children apart from my father william Desmond molloy DOB 27.09.1927.we know they lived at some point at upper dorset street Dublin,as a family.I know the dates are all correct,can anyone help me at all please as i have hit  a brick wall.Any help would be brilliant!!!!!!!
MOLLOY:- Carnew Co wicklow.  HAYES:- Ferns, Co Wexford. KEOGH:- Dublin Ireland. LAND:- Norwich, Norfolk, Sprowston

Offline ktxicq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: molloy/Hayes family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 April 09 18:35 BST (UK) »
I have a record of a marriage of John (Jack) Molloy born on 19 Jan 1898 in Carnew, Co. Wicklow and who married Anne Hayes (born about 1889).  He died on 4 Feb 1981 in Croneyhorn, Carnew and she died on 2 Nov 1965 at the same address.   They got married on 16 Sept 1927 at Ferns, Co. Wexford.  Anne had a sibling but I don't know whether it was a he or she !    John was a son of William Molloy and Kate Nolan who had 6 children.

One of those children was my grandmother !

I am familiar with only one daughter of John and Anne - can you let me have more information on the person you mentioned ?

regrds
g

Offline crazymolloy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 April 09 20:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,
the person you are asking about is my dad,william desmond molloy
born 27 th sept 1927,he was born in rotunda hospital dublin,
His address on his birth certf is 38 upper dorset street,dublin.where he lived with his parents John and Anne,our dates match for both parents and their marriage fits within 10 days of my dads birth.
this is not unusal for this era.
We do not know anything above  john and Anne,only what was on my dads birth certf.
Are you registered to the family tree on genens reunited,as we are and would give you access to our tree.
please relpy to this email as we are very interested in the details you have given as everything seems to match.
hope this is useful,i will be waiting with great interest.
Brian
MOLLOY:- Carnew Co wicklow.  HAYES:- Ferns, Co Wexford. KEOGH:- Dublin Ireland. LAND:- Norwich, Norfolk, Sprowston

Offline ktxicq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 April 09 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reply.   However, I can find no birth reference to a William Desmond Molloy  for 1927 in the GRO index now available on the LDS site.    Do you have an actual certificate ?  And, frankly, it would be extremely unlikely that in 1927 a couple would wait until a week before a birth to get married !   

rgds

Offline crazymolloy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 April 09 16:44 BST (UK) »
Yes i do have a birth certifcate,and one thing i have learnt while doing the family tree is ...never rule anything out!,ive even been told this by other people on Genes Reunited.Also on the GRO my dad was born in Ireland so he would not appear on this?
thanks

Offline ktxicq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 April 09 17:01 BST (UK) »
If William Desmond Molloy was born in the Rotunda Hospital, Parnell Square, then he would or should be registered in the Irish General Register Office.   As it happens the LDS at Familyhistory.org now have a pilot scheme where you can search through the Index to the GRO records.   It is very useful but, of course, it has been copied and is not a primary source of information and liable to mistakes.   There is another aspect to your William Desmond Molloy and that is his second forename - very unusual combination for an Irish man !

Can you confirm that the mother's name was definitely Anne Hayes ?

I can talk to the daughter but given her age I am reluctant to do so as the information seems dubious.   I am well aware of not ruling anything out - I have been researching for over 15 years and have seen many oddities !  However if you wish I will give you my email address and you can send a copy of the certificate and I can check the facts at this end both in Dublin and Wicklow.
regards
g

Offline crazymolloy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 April 09 17:22 BST (UK) »
my grandmother was anne hayes
my mother was catherine keogh
Brian

Offline crazymolloy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 19 April 09 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi
my fathers birth certifcate,which i sent for was on the 11.09.2008,
states:
william Desmond molloy born at Rountunda Hospital Dublin
DOB:27.09.1927
MOTHER: Anne molloy -(HAYES)
fATHER :John molloy...Labourer and he lived at 38 upper Dorset street
 Brian

Offline ktxicq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 April 09 18:48 BST (UK) »
Could you let me know the registration district please ?
regards
g