Author Topic: Local cemetery for Ballyshannon, Suncroft COMPLETED  (Read 5219 times)

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Local cemetery for Ballyshannon, Suncroft COMPLETED
« on: Sunday 07 December 08 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be able to tell me where the local cemetery for Ballyshannon, Suncroft would be and, if possible, any contact details for sourcing grave records there.

RoryT
Talbot (Kildare/Dublin), Peppard (Wicklow/Carlow/Dublin), Gilman(Carrick-on-Suir), Gaffney, Spooner, Kavanagh, Foley (Kerry/Cork), Sullivan (Cork), Torbet (Edinburgh), Hennessey (Carrick-on-Suir)

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Local cemetery for Ballyshannon, Suncroft
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 April 09 19:13 BST (UK) »
I probably should have clarified that the cemetery I am loockin for would serve the Ballyshannon Road, in Suncroft Co Kildare.  My GGrandad Robert Talbot (d. 1950's is buried there and I want to visit the graveyard.

Any info would be welcome.

RoryT
Talbot (Kildare/Dublin), Peppard (Wicklow/Carlow/Dublin), Gilman(Carrick-on-Suir), Gaffney, Spooner, Kavanagh, Foley (Kerry/Cork), Sullivan (Cork), Torbet (Edinburgh), Hennessey (Carrick-on-Suir)

Offline doran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 May 09 00:18 BST (UK) »
the cemetery for that area is in suncroft village itself , there are two . you need the the 'old' cemetery oposite the shop. the new one is just down the road.

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 May 09 13:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Doran.

Rory

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 17:32 BST (UK) »
I have located the cemetry I was looking for.  It was a very small one just on the road south of Old Kilcullen, I don't know its name and there are very few graves there, but I found the family plot I was looking for.  Thanks to all who replied.

RoryT

Offline Natasha813

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Local cemetery for Ballyshannon, Suncroft COMPLETED
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 March 12 20:55 GMT (UK) »
I'll be going there myself when i get into Ireland this May.  May I ask what family you are researching? Doran I have a connection I think to the Doran family from this area maybe the Doran family members where often witnesses to marriages and births in my Byrne, Campbell and Farrell families from this area.

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Natasha,
I was researching the Talbot family and I located them in this small cemetery.

Rory

Offline Talbot312

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 26 March 22 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rory,

Paul here, great grandson of Robert Talbot (Ballyshannon).

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Best Regards,
Paul Talbot
Suncroft.
Kildare

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 28 March 22 07:02 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

The OP (RoryT) hasn't logged in to RootsChat since March 2015. Hopefully they will still be getting notifications for replies to their topic, and will respond to their thread. If you make at least one more post, you can use the PM (Personal Message) system to contact them, and exchange e-mail addresses.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo