Author Topic: Can anyone read this birth place - in UK  (Read 6607 times)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone read this birth place - in UK
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Daizi

what names does he give for his parents please

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Daizi, if you are trying to find the name of a place in England, you might be better off posting the image on the England board.

It does look like *oburg Hill England. I thought that *obury Hill sounded more "English" but the last letter looks like the other 'g's' on the page. It certainly may be the same of a 'suburb' rather than a town or village. Person writing the word may also have misheard the place name. I certainly have slightly incorrect names on d/c's.

I take it that you have also searched for variations of that surname when searching for shipping records - it looks like a prime candidate for a mistranscription. Have you checked for his arrival in other states?

Sorry didn't read the link to your other thread so ignore me if I'm covering old ground .... ;)

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Jen

Marriage certs states he was born in West London,  parents William Prust - deceased and Elizabeth Prust - nee unknown

daizi

Ruskie - dont apoligise - i appreciate ANY input

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you,

I've now read your other, linked post.

J.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 01:06 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if the family may have settled in NZ first. That would account for them not being on the 1881 census.

Some of my ancestors did this and there is no record of them coming into Australia, but they did.

Do you have his parents' death certificates?

J.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Jamjar

This is what we are trying to do....find his parents,  or any thing about him,   all we know is what is on the certs....

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I'm a tad old and slow.

I haven't looked at BDM, Victoria, yet. I was thinking that Prust is an unusual name so if they came here when Arthur was a lad, and his father was deceased at the time of his marriage, his father's death would be on BDM. If they died in Victoria, the death cert would list the children's names etc.

J.

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Jam

I have checked , rechecked ,  and again gone over the indexs,  and can find nothing of his parents,  and as Arthur and his wife only had 3 children,  and only 1 of them married and had a family,  there is probably no-one else looking at this line,  so ,  is all a bit of a mystery

Daizi

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 01:30 GMT (UK) »
As you asked for any input :)

Place;   JOHNS HIll ( think the letter under is confusing it)
There is a St. Johns Hill in London

Agree that 63 yrs in Victoria does not mean they were elsewhere before.

Arthur could have been the name he was known as, and could have been something like George Arthur Prust or even PROUST.

Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)