Author Topic: Kate Eade - continued  (Read 27374 times)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Eade - continued
« Reply #99 on: Friday 09 January 09 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

WHY is my reply constantly crashing????

I use TMG - The Master Genealogist - which has an excellent charting facility.

Many other Genie programs also have excellent charting facilities.

Most Genie programs are pretty good.

Even some aficionadoes of TMG (and TMG aficionadoes are very committed people indeed!! - it's a top program) sometimes  prefer other programs specifically  for charting.

JAP

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Monday 12 January 09 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

The 1911 census is open...

I've looked at the prices per view of the census records, its quite expensive, in order to reduce the cost could someone happen to have a calculated guess of which ones of these Kate Eades that I should try?

Moderator comment: image and link removed.  Posting images and screenshots from the 1911 census site contravenes the terms and conditions.  Please see here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,349153.0.html
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,349156.0.html

thank you again for your help

Jay

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Monday 12 January 09 18:34 GMT (UK) »
was wondering if we'd hear anything from you soon :)

I would go for the Kate Eade, b.1886 ? District Thakeham....or the one above it, Horsham...the others have the ages too far off.  It's hard to tell isn't it, because its the area they live in, NOT the area they were born in that is there.

You could always view the transcript first, bit cheaper that way if you are unsure.

Daisy :)
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Aniseed

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Monday 12 January 09 23:34 GMT (UK) »
You can limit the search by including the name of someone else you'd expect to see in the household, if there's anyone else that you know will be there. You can also search by place of birth, if you know it. It might help you to narrow it down a bit. Too expensive to go fishing! Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 13 January 09 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jay,

Curious to know if you have found any information on the 1911 yet.

Karen  :)
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Friday 16 January 09 03:04 GMT (UK) »
You can limit the search by including the name of someone else you'd expect to see in the household, if there's anyone else that you know will be there. ....

Does that mean that a search could be made for (say) our old friends Kennedy O'Brien MARTYN snr & jnr (sorry to harp on about them  :) ) limited by the surname EADE in the same household?

Or that a search could be made for (say) Mary BENNETT limited by the surname EADE in the same household?

JAP
PS. All my people had arrived in the Antipodes between 1841 and 1876 so I haven't had a personal interest in subsequent censuses. 

Offline Aniseed

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Friday 16 January 09 12:56 GMT (UK) »
You can limit the search by including the name of someone else you'd expect to see in the household, if there's anyone else that you know will be there. ....

Does that mean that a search could be made for (say) our old friends Kennedy O'Brien MARTYN snr & jnr (sorry to harp on about them  :) ) limited by the surname EADE in the same household?

Or that a search could be made for (say) Mary BENNETT limited by the surname EADE in the same household?

JAP

You can search for a particular person: forename, surname, date of birth, place of birth, place where living and as an extra data field you can also specify the name of a person you'd expect to see in the same household. I've found that the less information I give the more likely I am to find my person, since all the above might be different from the last information they gave on a census! But you could certainly search for, for example, Mary Bennett and include the name of an Eade sibling you might hope would be in the household. I'm not sure if you can just add a surname for the other person. I'll try hop off to 1911 and try it...

Yep, just tried searching for one of my own with her full name, no other info apart from the surname of someone else that I know was in the house with her, and she came up, just the one result as well, so it is theoretically possible. I haven't got time to do it right now, a quick try searching for a Bennett with an Eade in the household just came up with a couple of institutions in Camberwell and Thornbury Gloucestershire. Searching for Martin (with an 'i') with an Eade in the house came up with an institution in Dover. Neither of those seems likely to me, but I can do more specific searching if it looks like it would help.

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Friday 16 January 09 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aniseed,

Thanks for that!

I asked because, on this thread, we have Kate's surname as EADE but her given name might well be Kate or Katherine or Catherine - therefore just the (fairly unusual) surname would seem to be a better bet.  And either of the Kennedy MARTYNs might come up with various forenames (Kennedy, Kennedy O'Brien, Kennedy O, KO, etc).  Etc ..

At the simplest, we were seeking, I think, an EADE nursemaid in a MARTYN household, or an EADE daughter or step-daughter in a BENNETT household - in the London or very much wider London area ...

Hi Jay,

Sorry to butt in on the 1911 given that I don't have a clue about it!  Sorry!

But, leaving aside the 1911, has Millie's full birth cert turned up?

Regards to all,

JAP

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Friday 16 January 09 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hey everyone, sorry i havent been here for a little while, was just waiting for the certs to arrive. which they did today with interesting results.

I havent brought credits to view the 911 census get because i didnt like the matches.

But Millie B's Birth cert arrived today and lists the following details:

When and where born:
21 December 1912, Maternity Hospital 271 Mare Street, Hackney

Name if any:
Millie Barbara

Name and Surname of Father:
BLANK

Name surname and maiden name of mother:
Kate Eade (Domestic Servant) of 7 Montague Road, Acton

Occupation of Father:
BLANK

Signature, description and residence of informant:
Kate Eade, Mother, Maternity Hospital 271 Mare Road Hackney

When registered
31st December 1912

When I look up the options in the 1911 census for that address, it only lists EVEN numbers in MONTAGUE GARDEN ACTON, why cant I see the listing for number 7?

Does anyone know if this would have been a wealthy area in 1911/1912 because she is listed as a domestic with this address and I am wondering if this could be the address of Millie's Father.

As always thank you for your time and thoughts.

I can scan the original cert if needed.

Jay

PS: JAP you are definately not harping on about the Martyn's because finding the name of Millie's reall Father is my true goal.
PSS: Aagain I am sorry I havent been back until now, real life issues have been thick on the ground