Author Topic: George Hearse (Middlesbrough)  (Read 2226 times)

Offline G Hearse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Hearse (Middlesbrough)
« on: Sunday 04 January 09 19:13 GMT (UK) »
There was a comment from Jane regarding this gentleman. I am researching George and would like some info on the actual public houses he had. I have seen a number of comments regarding the number of establishments but would like to know names and if any old photos exist. I am a GG Grandson of George and know a lot of the family through the various branches, including George S Hearse who wrote a number of books on Tramways in the NE of England but any extra info would be great

Stuart
Hearse..Simpson...Thomas...Ruse...Watson....Bennett

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Hearse (Middlesbrough)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 January 09 21:13 GMT (UK) »
The Cleveland Archives office in Middlesbrough can probably help you with photos etc.   The local paper does a good line in old pictures too.  Evening Gazette.  They have an online archive I think.   If Jane (Nutty 1966) does not respond on the original post you can send her a pm.  Click the scroll under her name.  She lives locally and knows a lot about the area.
Andrea
Edit - oh I see you live locally too so easy for you to go to the archives office and buy the paper!

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 January 09 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stuart,

have you seen this from the Evening Gazette about George?
http://ts5.gazettelive.co.uk/2007/04/grandad_hearse_made_his_mark.html

and this? some other descendants of George also researching  http://picture.stockton.gov.uk/photos/S933.aspx

As sillgen says, as you live locally, either the Gazette, the library or the archives should be able to help quite a bit.

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline FTDM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 15:33 BST (UK) »
Are you related to George Hearse, solicitor, 1898-1945? If so I'd love to hear from you!