Author Topic: Elizabeth Jane Breach & Yruth Nordstrum  (Read 13837 times)

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Jane Breach & Yruth Nordstrum
« on: Thursday 15 January 09 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Jane Batten, married Richard William Ovenden in 1863 in Islington. She was widowed there in 1866 and probably with the help of an Anne Heath (ex Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Adelaide) she came out to New Zealand in 1867 to be a wife to Charles Heath in Kaipara. They married in Auckland and he died in Kaipara in 1869. Their 2 children, Charles and Edith were sent back to England to the care of Anne Heath.
Elizabeth Jane Heath married Rev. Moses Breach (ex Bromham, Wiltshire, Eng) and they went to New Plymouth, NZ with their 2 surviving children, Kotteril Vaudre Somes Breach and Yruth Janeive Venorah Breach (spelling is correct!).
Elizabeth Jane Breach was in an English Will in 1892 but was deceased at Rev. Moses Breach's Death in in New Plymouth in 1913.
Someone said ' a Batten drowned at N. P.' to me once when I was unaware of this thread. Cannot trace it in Taranaki Papers of the time as 6 months are missing at all Libraries.
Her death is not on NZ Death records for if she did drown, no body may have been found . She is not on Moses's headstone either.
Yruth was with her father till he died and then married Henry Wilfred Nordstrum in 1914 at Kaipara. I would like to trace her also.
Thanks -  Faith Green

Offline Thamesite2017

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Jane Breach & Yruth Nordstrum
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 January 09 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Faith
There is another marriage for YRUTH
NORDSTROM Yruth Janeve Venorah
(*)
to Alfred Duncan Grey ADAMS

Bye
Althea

A death for a YRUTH ADAMS
http://www.waitakere.govt.nz/cnlser/cm/cemeterysearch/cemeterydetails.aspx?id=100884 1959 age 82

(*) Moderator Comment:
Information deleted as it is likely to contravene NZ law (BDMRR Amendment Act 2008)

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 January 09 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi faith

You may have this, a birth entry for the son of Moses and Elizabeth, 19th January 1833 and on the same page you'll see Rev. Breach married a couple Hamilton and Bayly.

On Papers Past I entered E,izabeth Breach, the entry I found is under BMD, Taranki Herald 15 Feb 1873. There is quite a few articles on the Rev.Mr Breach.

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&cl=CL3&e=-------10--1----0-all

Nzsg index information
Kotteril married a Laura Mary Morris in 1912, folio 0307.

Probate information for him
Date 20 Dec 1894, Auckland and New South Wales, a retired farmer and Document Number is Z012314, this is a Transmission Document. It its held at the LINZ office in Hamilton and needs to be viewed in person.

Laura Mary Breach probate information.
Place: New Plymouth and a widow, filed 3 Dec 1958, Archives Rererence is ABAJW4079 433/58 held at Wellington Archives.

Moses and Elizabeth married in 1870, folio 0252

Have you been in contact with the New Plymouth library regarding Elizabeth? If not I can go and see if I can find any infromation.

Regards

lil
Ireland, Scotland , England, America, Australia, New Zealand

Offline Thamesite2017

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 January 09 08:24 GMT (UK) »
I suppose another option for Elizabeth Jane is that she could have gone to England and died there, as there are several by that name in the time period you want (FreeBMD)
BYe
Althea

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 January 09 08:46 GMT (UK) »
---    NSW AUSTRALIA - BDM INDEX  -  DEATHS

26448/1948

BREACH - Kotteril Vawdris Soames (sic)

Father - Moses Soames

Mother - Elizabeth

Registered at Petersham
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Faith    :)

Was there a death notice for Moses BREACH ?

( I note you say Elizabeth's name doesn't appear on Moses' headstone ... but perhaps there's a "clue" in the death notice - e.g. if she's not mentioned, then it may be that they had parted company) ?

Lu

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 January 09 19:06 GMT (UK) »
I can look for the death notice if it has not already been done :)

Faith you said Moses died in 1913, do you have a month at least for him, its not online.

lil
Ireland, Scotland , England, America, Australia, New Zealand

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 16 January 09 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Althea, Lucy2 and lil growler for your
 wonderful help!
So Yruth married again! I did check her NZ Death till her age of 100yrs but only under the name of Nordstrum. When I found no Nordstrums I wondered if she had gone back to Sweden with her first husband. There was very little on the NZSoc. Gen. Index discs either. I will now order those 2 certificates.
This also explains why 'maybe' Yruth's half sister, Edith Heath (married Griffith Ellis in Canada )is shown on several shipping lists coming to NZ from Canada from 1941 onwards. She may have been visiting Yruth as Edith lived till 1964.
I had followed all the Kotterill Breach family up as a descendant is still living in Taranaki, his probate gave no clues.
Moses had a brother Augustus Somes B. in Manaia, Taranaki and he is in Paperspast too.
The only Death notice of Rev. Moses Breach is in the Personal column of 'The Budget', no family mentioned. This is where the Taranaki Herald has 6 months missing, the only paper available for this time. I was there in Nov. last year and I also checked later with the Nat. Lib. who said the missing papers were never available  for copying.
However, Rev Moses B. was involved in a big courtcase regarding the attempted burning down of St. Andrew's Church in the 1880's due to a long disagreement with the Presbytery there. I hoped at the Rev's Death there may have been an Obit. mentioning that and what had happened to Elizabeth Jane.
Yruth Janeive Venorah must be Ruth - Ruth an Aunt in UK who mentioned EJ in her Will, Jane from E Jane her mother and Venorah from a ggmother Norah. Wierd isn't it but a great name to feed into an Index!
Thanks lil for your offer of help. Moses d. 13 Oct. 1913 and is buried at Te Henui. But maybe I've got all I can get at this stage. I was  given the Church Office phone number but at the time they were very busy arranging for a Church anniversary so I didn't follow it up. But I may have gone as far as I can go at this stage.
Grateful thanks  Faith Green 8) 8)

Offline Thamesite2017

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 16 January 09 05:05 GMT (UK) »
http://www.archives.presbyterian.org.nz/TaranakiPresbytery.htm
Due to the Rev Moses possible involvement with the fire, it may well be then that Wife did depart, it must have been very unpleasant for all

Given the ongoing fight 2 June 1888, it may be no wonder sadly an obit can not be found
http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=HBH18880602.1.2&e=-------10--1----0-all

Do you think he was ever readmitted to the ministry, if so the church archives may have some more info

Bye
Althea

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 16 January 09 05:33 GMT (UK) »

Do you think he was ever readmitted to the ministry, if so the church archives may have some more info

Interesting  ;D   .... the Te Henui cemetery record doesn't give much detail ... but his occupation (former occupation ?) is listed   ....  as "Presbyterian Minister"    ??

Hi Faith

This might be worth a try ?   (Has biographies of former ministers).

http://www.archives.presbyterian.org.nz/

(although ... if he'd had some "bother" with the church hierarchy, then maybe not ? )

Lu