Author Topic: Tocknell/Pegler marriage  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Madraykin

• RootsChat Member
  • GGG Grandfather Captain Robert Francis Hodgson
    • View Profile
Tocknell/Pegler marriage
« on: Monday 19 January 09 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Trying to confirm a family link on behalf of a friend here.

I have (from numerous sources, IGI and other transcripts) a record for the 1831 marriage of Henry Tocknell and Elizabeth Pegler/Peglar which took place in Kings Stanley.

None of the records I can find on sites other than the IGI list any other information from the marriage record. I know from the censuses that Henry was born about 1805, and all censuses have the birthplace as Kings Stanley. There is only one Henry coming up born in close proximity to that on the censuses, and I can only find (again in a couple of places) one birth for a Henry Tocknell, 1806 in Painswick.

I know that this is very close geographically, but if anyone has the resources/time to check the marriage record and see if there is anything that can confirm his lineage I would be very appreciative!

Thanks Rootschatters, once again

Mads
xxxxx
Hodgson (Durham); Harwood (Lenches, Worcestershire); Henry (Carmarthenshire)<br /><br />All census info is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: Tocknell/Pegler marriage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Mads,

I had a quick squint at the KS batch at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyGloucester_(A-M).htm#K and saw an extracted record for an H.T. baptism dated 1894.

I did not look any further as I have to take the dog for a walk before shopping.

Regards and good hunting.

Chas

P.S.
Whoops, wrong year, my springer nudged me :)
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Madraykin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chas,

I databased all of the IGIs for KS yesterday (I find it easier to match people up when I put them into the DB I built for the purpose) and I don't have that Henry in there.

Do you mean 1794? I'm probably just being a total numpty, but I can't find the Henry you've mentioned in your post.......

Mads
Hodgson (Durham); Harwood (Lenches, Worcestershire); Henry (Carmarthenshire)<br /><br />All census info is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, got my sartorial unmentionables twisted ;D  My springer is as large as a Belgian shepherd but a lot stronger and I had a fight to keep him away and muddled your query due to his enormous paws scratching me!

However, by way of atonment, if you have any queries regarding KS pre about 1810 drop me a PM. I have lots of info from there.

Chas
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Madraykin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Dear Chas,

Hence why I'm a cat person!  ;D

Thanks so much for double checking - and I may take you up on the offer of info. I freelance a bit here and there when I get the time (I have a full-time job, a part-time job and I'm a full time student - don't ask me how it works!), and a close friend of my mother expressed an interest in finding out more about his family, so I've just been testing the waters until I get a chance to hop up to Gloucester from Bristol and go to the FRC.

Don't you just hate it when you have these long lines leading up to and beyond a single point that you just can't confirm???

Mads
xxx

Offline zalib

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, do you have any links to Harry Hocknell, born abt 1882 in King Langley, married Edith Ann Hardy in 1906 and moved to Senghenydd to work in the coal mine. I'm interested in the daughter Annie W Tocknell who may have married my uncle, William H Brown.

I've still to confirm the Tocknell/Brown link, there are a few Brown's around.
Pembrokeshire - Brown, Rees, Thomas, James, Nedahl, Noot
Somerset - Brown, Parfitt, Daniell, Wheeler, Clissold, Indoe
Wiltshire - Collins