Author Topic: Watters' family Ballymena, Antrim left for NZ in 1924  (Read 9113 times)

Offline DavidlBrown

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Watters' family Ballymena, Antrim left for NZ in 1924
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 August 11 02:35 BST (UK) »
William Gallacher (born in Londonderry Ireland was my great grand father, his son John Watters Gallacher was my grandfather (william was his twin brother).

Jack (John) Gallacher served in the RNZAF and the RNZN during the second world war, he was based in Devonport and lived at 54 View Road Mt Eden and later at 22 Summer Street Ponsonby, Auckland.

he married Dorothy Boyle and had one daughter * who married my father and had 4 children * and one with * in Australia named *.

Jack and Dorothy split years ago (time unknown) and not much is known about what happened to him after that. He was rarely spoken of after they split

William Gallacher worked at the New Zealand Post Office. I worked along side him though he never admitted being of any relation

* details of people who might still be alive removed

Offline karee.bell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 August 11 08:43 BST (UK) »
William Gallacher (born in Londonderry Ireland was my great grand father, his son John Watters Gallacher was my grandfather (william was his twin brother).

Jack (John) Gallacher served in the RNZAF and the RNZN during the second world war, he was based in Devonport and lived at 54 View Road Mt Eden and later at 22 Summer Street Ponsonby, Auckland.

he married Dorothy Boyle and had one daughter Diane Dorothy Gallacher who married my father and had 4 children Rodney, David and Letia Brown and one with John Williams in Australia named Cassandra Williams.

Jack and Dorothy split years ago (time unknown) and not much is known about what happened to him after that. He was rarely spoken of after they split

William Gallacher worked at the New Zealand Post Office. I worked along side him though he never admitted being of any relation

Hi there, William Gallacher wife Hannah is the sister of my Gt Grandfather William Waters (Watters/McWatters)
They came out after them I believe, I know that their granddaughter is married to a famous world runner in NZ (wont name him cos he is still alive) 

Do you have any information on Hannah's family?
Ketels, Linnell, Bourke, Watters
Withy, Griffiths, Boswell,
Bell, Hunter, Carley, Anderson
Lane, Higgs,

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 10 March 21 17:46 GMT (UK) »
A very old thread I missed seeing before now. Bringing it back to life on off chance it will trigger an email to DavidlBrown and that their email addy is still current (PM to them is not working - says inbox full, presumably it is just not activated as they only made 1 post on site). Anyhow, if it does and you are still researching Gallacher/Gallagher etc, it would be good to hear from you.

karee.bell, you have probably already long since discovered that Hannah Watters m to William took place in Scotland in 1910,
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline karee.bell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 March 21 04:59 GMT (UK) »
A very old thread I missed seeing before now. Bringing it back to life on off chance it will trigger an email to DavidlBrown and that their email addy is still current (PM to them is not working - says inbox full, presumably it is just not activated as they only made 1 post on site). Anyhow, if it does and you are still researching Gallacher/Gallagher etc, it would be good to hear from you.

karee.bell, you have probably already long since discovered that Hannah Watters m to William took place in Scotland in 1910,

Yes I have the acutal date now.
I am more researching the Watters/Waters/McWatters line
Ketels, Linnell, Bourke, Watters
Withy, Griffiths, Boswell,
Bell, Hunter, Carley, Anderson
Lane, Higgs,