Author Topic: Black Notley Burials  (Read 2130 times)

Offline trishbindefeld

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Black Notley Burials
« on: Wednesday 28 January 09 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I am really keen to find Black Notley records in the 18th century relating to the Hurrell family or the Aylen family. The latter has a variety of spellings - Alen, Ayling, Ailen, Alien.  Can you help please?

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Black Notley Burials
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 March 09 15:11 GMT (UK) »
The surnames you quote are mentioned in both Black and White Notley registers. Consequently there are a lot of them!

Are there any particular names you're trying to pinpoint?

:D

Offline trishbindefeld

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 April 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Apologies for the delay - I overlooked this!

I am particularly looking for James Aylen (Alen) and Judith Hurrell who married In Chelmsford in 1794.  They moved to White Notley after their marriage and then to latchingdon.

I am trying to establish where James and Judith were born.  The marriage records indicate that Judith came from White Notley but she may well have been in service there.  James is an ag lab. I have a Judith Hurrell dying in Black Notley in Dec 1783 (Parish Records) but the fiche at Chelmsford jumps from 1781 - 1784.  I also have a Judith baptism at BNY 17 March 1776, daughter of John and Judith Hurrell.  This may well be my Judith.  I wondered if you can put any more flesh on this family please?

James Aylen reappears without his wife Judith in Black Acres White Notley in 1841 living with his son and family.  But Judith is nowhere to be seen, neither can I find a record of her death anywhere. I think James may have died in May 1843 in White Notley.

I have been struggling with this couple - my ggg grandparents - for a very long time and would appreciate any little glimmers you might be able to offer.  Many thanks.

Offline ayling1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 October 16 04:38 BST (UK) »
If you are on ancestry.com see "Robert Samuel Ayling (1878-1956) Brick Maker in Canada" tree. The lines go back to a Thomas and John Aylen of Kelvedon in the late 18th century. Likely linked to yours somehow... If you aren't on ancestry, message me and I can e-mail you the .GED file to import into whatever other tree program you might be using.

Chris Ayling

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 16 07:34 BST (UK) »
White Notley, St Ethelreda
James Alen buried 30 May 1843 age 75, (same spelling as on 1841)
Judith Dayling buried 9 November 1823 age 47, making her b-day 1776.
Easy error by the clerk.

Is this one yours
Maria Ailing age 18 buried 10 July 1832.

Offline ayling1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 October 16 14:59 BST (UK) »
No Maria.

I've got the tree as far as two brother (I think they are brothers): Thomas Aylen born about 1770 and died in 1822 in Kelvedon. He married Sarah Allen. I fellow researcher apparently found a marriage for them in Braintree in 1790. However, the citation does not come up in ancestry.com searches. Thomas had many descendants down to the present.

His brother John born around 1771 according to 1841 census. He died in 1844 in Orsett. Married Elizabeth. Again he has many descendants down to the present.

The families use Ayling, Aylen and Aylin through different branches.

I guess I am hoping we cam link up somehow to your John & Judith. Thomas and John's families seem to be clustered around Chelmsford at the same time as yours.

Hardly an Essex docs are coming up in search engines for some unknown reason, so my researches have been limited. I am in Canada. I can invite you to the tree. I will send you a PM with my e-mail if you are interested.

Chris