Author Topic: Corr coming from Ireland to Lancashire England  (Read 675 times)

Offline owdumlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Corr coming from Ireland to Lancashire England
« on: Wednesday 28 January 09 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

My Great Grandparents John and Eliza Corr came from Ireland to Lancashire England prior to the British 1881 Census.

In the 1881 Census they are shown as living in Wigan on Golborn Street with two of their Children. John Ed and Eliza.

John my Great Grandfathers date of Birth is 1850
Eliza my Great Grandmothers date of Birth is 1851

It states on the Census that they were both born in Ireland. The two Chidren are shown as being born in Bolton , Lancashire.

They then moved to Leigh where my Grandfather George was born in 1884.

The 1881 Census shows the surname as "Core" it's always been assumed that whoever took the Census misspelled the surname.

In Leigh they are back to "Corr " again.

My Great Grandfather John died in Leigh at age 36.

My Great Grandmother Eliza turns up on the 1901 Census living with my Grandfather George in Hollinwood Oldham. It states on that Census that she's from Dublin , Ireland.

I have my Grandfather Georges Birth Cert and Marriage Cert on which shows my Great Grandmother Elizas maiden name as Terril but it's difficult to make out exactly.

I can't find anything further on Eliza nor can I find any information on them in Ireland . So I'm posting on here to see if anyone can give me some guidance or assistance.

Thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Corr coming from Ireland to Lancashire England
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 January 09 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could her maiden name be Tyrrell/Tyrrel/Tyrell
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)