Author Topic: Kimmins  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Kimmins
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 05:38 GMT (UK) »
I didn't find anything to indicate that Joseph remarried. On the possible entry I found on the 1910 census he indicated he was married and had been for 5 years. As I mentioned, he was listed as a boarder and the only other people in the household were the head, James Corrigan, James' wife Harriet and James' nephew Ephram Bates.  There was no wife listed with the Joseph on the 1910 census so I would assume he was referring to his wife in Ireland when he said he was married. Since Joseph and Rose's oldest child appears to have been born about 1905 or 1906 then Joseph and Rose getting married about 1905 seems to fit.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline mostberg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 September 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm a relative of Joseph's first wife - Rose Ann Hogan Kimmins (later Kimmons).  My grandfather was Patrick Clarke, Rose Ann's cousin.  Joseph boarded with the Hogan family in Newry (1901 census) and married in 1904, daughter Margaret was born in 1906 and son James or Willie James in 1908.  Rose Ann, her mother Margaret (Maggie) and the two children came to Cleveland in 1914 - no mention of Joseph and by the 1920 US census she was listed as a widow, although family lore says that probably wasn't so.  The other William Hogan, husband of Emma and father of Helen, was Rose Ann's brother.  Joseph's children became a priest and a sister in the Cleveland area and the line died out.

Offline mostberg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 September 16 19:40 BST (UK) »
I've just been going through some old pictures and I have some of both of Joseph's children as adults.  If you're still researching this let me know and I'll give you copies.