Author Topic: In a bit of a pickle  (Read 5309 times)

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: In a bit of a pickle
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 12 February 05 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jonathan

This is my dilemma.  I suppose I could send off for the cert, but I have nothing at all that verifies her as a possible beyond a pretty common name.  I'm not even sure that one didn't die before 1881 - I have checked as far as I can, but its such a common name.  When I frist found the Knaresboro one I thought I was on to something, but she ended up marrying in Knaresboro so no go :'( ::)

I have no more ideas and was hoping someone else might be able to prove I am just not clever enough to find her ;)

Offline kesaunders79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 February 05 18:13 GMT (UK) »
I'm stumped too.  Any chance they emigrated then came back again?  I had a branch of my family do that.

R u Collett ?  Only there is someone on GeneReunited with the Verrier names you are looking at.

Kieran
Saunders, Curnow, Willcocks, Ginno, Hatt, Pleming, Mutton, A'lee, Robinson, Mullins, Reed, Dingle, Elphick, Shepherd, Rogers, Dyer, Pomeroy.

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 February 05 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kieran

Yep thats me - you are a detective. ;D

I think the chance that they emigrated at all is about as slim as could be, let alone came back again.  From what I can gather they never moved far from Risinghill St until they were either dead or bombed out in 1940.  I have all children except one, born up to 1910, baptised at St Silas Church.  Mind u Jane BRYANT appears to have been invisible as a BRYANT so not so odd she doesn't turn up as a VERRIER is there!

Thanks for looking - I really don't know what to do now.  I think I'll go and console myself with a glass of wine or two

:D

Offline Vixenday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 December 22 02:17 GMT (UK) »
Frederick George Verrier and Annie Maud Wood are my maternal grandfather’s parents. He was born in 1921 - so we must be related?!