Author Topic: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Blackmore  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Blackmore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Watch out - here is one of my 'idle thoughts'
Did pops change his name because he had been in trouble with the law earlier and enlisted in the army under another name and then stuck to it?
Have you tried searching for something like this?
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 20:47 GMT (UK) »
no trouble what so ever - if he is originally a Blackmore (which we have found family in Victoria and compared photos and the resemblence is there) something happened with the family when he was over there in the war to come back and change his name.  We will never know but I don't really care doesn't change who he is.  I just want to find his grandparents on the Blackmore side and his 2 uncles.
thanks for your time.  The only place this family would be is Devon, Cornwall or Middlesex.

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Will put the Blackmores on my list to watch for and send them through as I find them.
Never know, might just stumble over them.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 02:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Cougar - here is some info which might help
For some reason they have put that Edward Rees Blackmore was born abt 1812 Middlesex (I think he was born Devon).  In 1871 his wife Grace (Wilton) lived at 103 High St Marylebone with her son Harold (unable to find his birth and where) and her grand daughter Sarah Jane Blackmore.  I gather Edward Rees Blackmore died before 1871.  Would still like to find out where and when Harold and Edward William were born.
Again thanks so much for your help

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 02:48 GMT (UK) »
How old is grand daughter in the 1871 census?
Can you trace her birth - where born, will give you where parents were -
Cougar

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 03:06 GMT (UK) »

NO BLACKMORE deaths for 1861 through to 1871 - this is the only likely?????
REES, Edward
1868   March   Deaths   Pancras   London Middlesex               Cougar                                                                                                                                                         

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Edward William Blackmore married Sarah Jane Austin (b abt 1835 Ireland) married 1858 Middlesex.  Daughter Sarah was born 1859 at 3 Masons Arms Yd, Maddox St, London.  Do you have the 1861 Census to see where these lot were living.  I know Edward W died and his wife remarried in the late 1860's.
If this son Edward William Blackmore shows up maybe I will then have an idea where Harold was born and died.  I found a Harry Blackmore marrying 1870 Marylebone so this guy might be on the 1871 census.
How much are these discs to buy?
Thanks for all your help all I really want to find out is the great man Edward Rees Blackmore's proper date of birth and his parents............way is everything so hard with this family.  again thanks for your help and patience much appreciated........

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Will do this in stages.  I only have a few for 1861 -
No Blackmores  in 237/238/239 which is Shoreditch
None in 213 Cripplegate
None in 332/333/334 which is Southwark.
Just rechecked the latest index and there is only the one showing that I gave you before.
Sorry but at least you know where they weren't.
S & N have the census set - as follows
http://www.genealogysupplies.com/index800.htm
London 1861 Census   
 £ 49.95   
Supplied as Acrobat documents with Street and Area Indexes. Coverage includes: Kensington - Chelsea - St George Hanover Square - Westminster - St Martin in the Fields - St James Westminster - Marylbone - Hampstead - Pancras - Islington - Hackney - St Giles - Strand - Holborn - Clerkenwell - St Luke - East London - West London - London City - Shoreditch - Bethnal Green - Whitechapel - St George in the East - Stepney - Mile End Old Town - Poplar - St Saviour Southwark - St Olave Southwark - Bermondsey - St George Southwark - Newington - Lambeth - Wandworth - Camberwell - Rotherhithe - Greenwich - Lewisham

They also have one for Middlesex but think the London one would probably cover where you are looking.
It appears from what I have seen on r/c - that no one actually has the 1861 - or if they do, not doing lookups from it.
Cougar

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 05:03 GMT (UK) »
thanks again for all your help much appreciated