Author Topic: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Blackmore  (Read 3546 times)

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841/1851 Census Lookup Blackmore
« on: Saturday 12 February 05 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys back again - a favour please:
Could someone please have a look on the 1841/1851 census to see where a David Redhouse Blackmore was living.  He was born 1844 Plymouth Devon.  His parents were Edward Rees Blackmore and Grace Blackmore (nee Wilton).  No idea where Edward was born but probably around 1808/10.  Grace was born abt 1810.  Many thanks trying to find their other sons.

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Blackmore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 February 05 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Not showing on my partial index for 1851 - perhaps they will be on someone elses.
No index for 1841, sorry but would need an address.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 February 05 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for trying - no idea where they would be as David Redhouse Blackmore being born 1844 would have been 6yrs old on the 1851 census and there wouldn't be too many with his name.  Is there something on the 1861 census for this family.
Much appreciated.

Offline kennyb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 February 05 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Not in Shoreditch, 51. Ken B.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 February 05 23:57 GMT (UK) »
thanks guys - I'm sick of this family unable to locate anywhere considering I found out that I'm not Allen but Blackmore.  Pop changed his name for some reason but we'll never know.
Only only place on the census would be in Devon or Cornwall.  That's where David Redhouse Blackmore's mother was from.  Her name Grace Wilton born abt 1810/11 Launceston Cornwall.  No other info but thanks again for your help..........

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 February 05 09:20 GMT (UK) »
If 'pops' changed his surname - did he do so legally - have you followed this up to see if you can find the 'change of name' records - assume there must have been some laws regarding these things back then.    Do a 'google' search and see what comes up.
Here is the birth of Grace - and her parents names.
Grace Wilton 
  Female     
  Birth:  1810   St Thomas By, Launceston, Cornwall, England
 Parents:
  Father:  William Wilton  Family
  Mother:  Elizabeth Brook 
Cougar

Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 February 05 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cougar - I have some of the Wilton family I'm just trying to find out when Grace married Edward Rees Blackmore and when their other 2 sons were born.  Their names are Edward William and Harold.
No pop didn't change his name legally and it was never mentioned to anyone.  We only found this out through the war records.
thanks

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 February 05 22:29 GMT (UK) »
I had a look on the IGI, Pallotts and the BVRI but didn't come up with a marriage - sorry.  Did a 'blanket' search as well with no results.
this is the only Edward Blackmore showing
Blackmore  Edward  18  Clerkenwell, Goswell Street  198   174 
The 1861 is only a PARTIAL index -
No
Harold Blackmore
Grace Blackmore / Wilton / Allen
No older
Edward Blackmore / Rees / Allen
thought I may as well try different surnames.
Might have to do a post for Devon or Cornwall and I think (from my often faulty memory) that there is a fairly strong family history site for that area - do a 'google' that may be able to help.
Cougar     

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cougar - I know it isn't under Allen.  It's all under Blackmore and I think they were originally from Devon but most of them ended up in London.  I thought with Edward Rees Blackmore that I might have found one of his parents had the last name Rees but no luck.  Thanks for your help.........