Author Topic: Ernest Henry WARREN - Where is he?  (Read 15362 times)

Offline TheWombat

• RootsChat Extra
  • This above all: to thine own self be true ......
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Henry WARREN - Where is he?
« Reply #36 on: Monday 25 May 09 06:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Wombat, Romilly and Lynne

When you have pooled your info perhaps you can let us know what you still need to find?

Cheers, Judith

Helllo Judith

Yes, Lynne and I have been, and are, in contact. It appears that Lynne may know more about my family in Australia than I do!

I'm presently sorting data, filling in blanks ....... (I'm sure you know what I mean) ... and will post updates, queries, etc. as they occur.

My very best regards.
Wombat
WARREN - Greater London
BREWSTER - Essex
GOSLING - Devon

Offline deeiluka

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mrs Dee & me.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 25 May 09 06:10 BST (UK) »
Great outcome, Wombat! 

Really pleased for you...... :D  :D

Dee
Steeles, Burton, Garrod (Norfolk), Clarke, Tomblin (Rutland)
Bauer (London, France), Blades, Parker (Surrey)
Edwards, Coles, Smith, Nunley, Craddock, York, & Linnell (Northants) )
Ehmcke, Deimel, Appelkamp (Germany)
Watts (Somerset, Wiltshire) Selway, Churchill, & Chappell (Somerset)
Redwood (Devon, Essex) Button, Archer, Leach (Cambridgeshire)

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TheWombat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 25 May 09 07:16 BST (UK) »
Great outcome, Wombat! 

Really pleased for you...... :D  :D

Dee

Thanks Dee, but as someone once said "it ain't over yet" !!!

Rgds
Wombat
WARREN - Greater London
BREWSTER - Essex
GOSLING - Devon

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 13 June 09 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi-new to Rootschat.  My relative John Bede Campbell married Amy eliza Warren.  They came to Australia in 1919 and brought 5 children.  I have some info on Terence, Amy, Graham Francis, Bernard and maybe Ernest but from your thread I think my Ernest is wrong.  John/Amy had child in Sydney in 1920 (BERYL) who died at 9 months from Gastro.  Theysettled in Bundarra, counry NSW on the land.  John died 1927 by drowning on property.  Amy and children move to Sydney at some stage but gap there but electroal roll info for 1936 on some of these children.  Amy's parents were William John Duffin (overseer) deceased at time of Amy's marriage and her mother was Maria Petty. 

Would love to swap all this information but would be too much to be doing via roots chat I think.
I am also wanting any info you have on Warrens/Campbell/Duffin.

Let me know if willing to give me your email address to share this information further.
Cheers
Lynne (Sydney, Australia)

Hi Lynne,

I'm just back from hols & found your post. I hadn't realised that Amy Eliza Warren had married JB Campbell, - I had looked, but couldn't find a Marriage Cert!

Have now recieved all of your info, - kindly passed on from Wombat. I'm thrilled to see that Amy Eliza & JB Campbell were married, - & in Croydon, UK too, - now how did I miss that!! And it answers many queries about what happened to many of Amy Eliza's children too...The only one still outstanding is Norman Claude Warren, - last heard of in New York in 1929, but seemingly dead by 1959, - although we don't know how or when...

Thanks so much for all of this new info Lynne, - I had almost given up ever finding anything further ;D
All Best Wishes, Romilly :)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Searchforernest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 04:28 BST (UK) »
Wombat,

I'm brand new to rootschat and may be too late to provide you with any useful info.

I think I "know" your Ernest Warren.  He lived with, and worked for, my family for at least part of his time in Canada.  I have the letters that he wrote to my relatives after he moved to Australia.  He sounds very happy in them & seems to have a good relationship with my family, which makes me think they treated him well.  I have the agreement that my great-grandfather signed when Ernest came to live with him.  I also have Ernest's trunk that he kept all of his belongings in.  I have looked at that trunk all of my life and wondered about its owner...which is what brings me to this site.  My grand-parents are no longer alive, but I'm sure my aunts and uncles may know some info or stories about him that they have heard.  Is there anything you would like to know about him?

Searchforernest

Offline TheWombat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 11:15 BST (UK) »
Hello searchforernest

An absolute pleasure to hear from you.
You asked what I would like to know about Ernest?  Well, just about everything after his arrival in Canada. That part of his life is almost a complete mystery. He did turn up in Australia, and reacquainted himself with family members here, and then seems to have vanished.

Unfortunately I'm on a bit of a caravan trip at the moment and don't have all my records with me, but I'll contact a relative at home and see what I can get hold of at this distance, and then get back to you. Probably this will occur in the next 48 hours.

Thanks again, and regards,
TheWombat
WARREN - Greater London
BREWSTER - Essex
GOSLING - Devon

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 11:59 BST (UK) »
Not sure if you ever saw Amy Elizabeth Campbell's death notice so I will type up the details, though it doesn't help locate Ernest.

Sydney Morning Herald 31 March 1959

CAMPBELL Amy Elizabeth March 30,1958 at her daughter's residence, Narrabeen, loved wife of the late John Bede Campbell and loving mother of her children.   English papers please copy.

regards,
   Ros
(welcome to rootschat searchforernest  :) I think we would all love to know what is in Ernest's trunk  :) )
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline SAM100

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 13 September 13 23:09 BST (UK) »
Good Morning all,
This may be a "red herring" but a Ernest Henry Warren died in New Zealand in 1974 with a date of birth given as 15 September 1911.
Cheers :)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 14 September 13 00:53 BST (UK) »
NZ Elctoral Roll

Address- 235 High Street, Dunedin Central.
WARREN, Ernest Henry. Occ.  Machinist

As above

As above. Occ.  Press hand

As above.

There are no others of the surname at that address.  There are others of the surname in the district.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk