Author Topic: Samuel Graham Nesbit and Susan or Charlotte McCusker - completed :-)  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Samuel Graham Nesbit and Susan or Charlotte McCusker - completed :-)
« on: Tuesday 17 February 09 08:27 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother’s cousin, Margaret Elizabeth Nesbitte, was born 31st March 1888 at Moor Park, daughter of Samuel Graham Nesbitte, shoe maker, and Susan Nesbitte formerly McCosker, according to her birth certificate. 

A copy of her baptismal entry states that she was Margaret Elizabeth, daughter of Samuel Graham Nesbit and Charlotte McCusker his wife. I understand that Margaret used to refer to her mother as Charlotte. 

I have searched the Irish civil registration records that have been put on the Mormons’ site and cannot find a marriage registration for Samuel with a Susan or Charlotte.

Would you be able to help me with this, please?  Thank you.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Graham Nesbit and Susan or Charlotte McCusker
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Can't spot them in civil registrations either. Mc names can be tricky to search- could Samuel's entry be under Graham?
IGI do have a child Susan born 2 July 1880 Co. Galway to Samuel Naham [Graham] Nesbit and Charlotte McCusker.
Margaret Elizabeth (1888) is also in Pedigree Resource File- submitted- which gives parents' marriage as 11 Jan.1879 but no place specified.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Graham Nesbit and Susan or Charlotte McCusker
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.

Yes, that Susan is also one that I have seen in the civil registrations in the Mormons' site, together with Margaret, and other possible siblings named Robert, Sarah Jane, Samuel Graham and William John; the surname for Margaret and William being Nesbitte.

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Graham Nesbit and Susan or Charlotte McCusker - completed :-)
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 April 09 16:27 BST (UK) »
I am very pleased to say that their marriage has been found - they married in Glasgow.  :)