Author Topic: Sarah JUDD  (Read 1664 times)

Offline BoBo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sarah JUDD
« on: Tuesday 17 February 09 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I wonder if someone can help me.  On my tree I have a John Blatchly who married a Sarah (don't know when) and moved to London.  On the 1841 census John & Sarah were living in London with their children and also with them was Richard Judd aged 50 with his wife Charlotte and three other children.  A fellow researcher stated that there was a vague suggestion that this Richard & Charlotte Judd were the parents of Sarah as on a submitted baptisms on IGI there was a Richard Judd of the right age who had a daughter Sarah of the right age in Wiltshire. Sarah stated on the 1851 that she was born in Wilts Stoke.

I know that on the 1841 census John and Sarah had a daughter aged 16, so they would have married anytime prior to 1825 but I wonder if anyone can give me some information to prove the link.  I am a bit surprised that Richard was Sarah's father as he would have been 14/15 at the time of her birth.  Could it be that Richard was Sarah's brother?  Can anyone help me with further information.  John Blatchley was an egg & butter salesman born in London and he brought up his family there too.

Many thanks and apologies for such vague information.

BoBo
UK - Dunn, Lands, Knight, Wickes, Hawkins, Rumbelow, Low & Jolly
Malta - Camilleri, Aguis Delicata, Sciberras & Navarro

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Judd
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 February 09 09:43 GMT (UK) »
1851 HO107; Piece: 1479; Folio: 565; Page: 25
has Richard Judd living with Frederick. Richard is born Warwickshire.
That doesn't help much I know  ::)
However I notice that in 1851 they have younger children so you could send for a birth certificate to get Sarah's maiden name and then take it from there.

You also say that John moved to London but he gives his birthplace as Middlesex (Soho I think on one census)

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk