Author Topic: The Sulway Tribe  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Hagar2000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The Sulway Tribe
« on: Monday 14 February 05 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I am looking for news, information on the Sulway family I have gone back to 1825 but lack some information facts.

John Sulway married Marther 1852 in Clutton Somerset moved to Blaenafon South Wales. Wifes maiden name.

John had a daughter Anna Sulway 8 months old on the 1871 census not on the 1881 one did she die.

George Sulway married Emily 1880 again wifes maiden name.

Sulway,Masey,Cartwright,Teesdale,Swain

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Sulway Tribe
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 February 05 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Are you certain that these are the correct marriage dates for these people if you don't know the surnames of the wives?  The birth certificates of the children would give the maiden name of the wives and then enable you to look for them that way.

Perhaps you have all the baptisms of the children but if not it would seem pretty risky getting back to 1825 without any certificate evidence  ???

Where did you get the marriage dates from?

I would expect the surname to possibly be transcribed/written as SOLWAY somewhere along the way.

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hagar2000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Sulway Tribe
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 February 05 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Casalguidi

Thanks for that I am quite new to this but have had the help of my farther,
I have also got a copy of the 1881 which says that John Sulway was married to Martha Sulway,
John was born in 1825 and Martha 1833 , I also have some information that he was married around 1835
I am in the process of obtaining marrage certificates and this will then allow me to confirm existing data.

Regards

Mark
Sulway,Masey,Cartwright,Teesdale,Swain