Author Topic: Croy brass band 1925  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Croy brass band 1925
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 November 11 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica.

Hi James

Yes Dan was the County Councillor but did you forget that my dad was his second in command County Councillor Young lol.Dan was at my wedding just before he died. Does anyone in Croy know the names of the men in the Croy band photo.You can spot some of the Rafferty family. Always meaning to go to Croy to the  historical society.Got some questions to ask you about Canada as my mums sister emmigrated from Kilsyth 1926 and died in Ottawa hospital 1931 after given birth.Another post and we will be able to private mail.lol 

Marguerite

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 November 11 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Marguerite,

Croy Historical Society is open on a Tuesday and Wednesday from 11.30am until 2.30pm and I think they are also open on both these evenings too.
So you would be welcome if you wanted to come along.

Wilton Endeavour
A Member of Croy HS.

Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 November 11 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wilton Endeavour,

Thanks for the invite.Mary Weldon (Kerr) my sisters friend is always asking me to go up to it.Im the only one in my family researching  my tree but my cousin in Croy  says she would go as well.Mr Coleman knew my family well as did Mr Johnstone.In fact i think my Crainie side was  a connection of his .Also think the Colemans were related to my Smiths .My dad was Alex Young ,Miner and Councillor  for Croy.The photo you have on Croy Historical Society of the Quoiting team are  nearly all relatives of my dads .My dads gran Janet Graham had an aunt Elizabeth Graham who married Daniel mcgachey .Wullie Mulholland was married to their daughter .His grans sister bridget married a Crainey.Are you from Croy.

Marguerite

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 November 11 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Marguerite,

I'm sending you a Personal message now.

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 November 11 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again

Forgot to ask about H Johnstone in the Quoiting team photo.

My dads gran Janet Graham had a niece Elizabeth Graham who married a Hugh Johnstone 1925.She also had a niece Mary Anne Graham who married a Hugh Johnstone 1924.Wondering if anyone knows what one it is.Also Thomas Cowan in the photo  was married to Elizabeth Graham , daughter of Elizabeth Graham and Dan Mcgachey  and dads gran Janet Grahams cousin LOL.  Probably about 4 son in laws of Elizabeth and Dan Mcgachey ,plus my gran and great grans cousins men and i think B Crainie was bridget grahams father inlaw lol hows that for keeping it in the family.

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 January 12 15:34 GMT (UK) »
james lochrie is my great grandfather....hi uncle james

Offline TungchungJohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 July 13 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Marguerite,
Is Mary Weldon researching Jackson Beattie by any chance ?
John Beattie

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 July 13 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi John

yes Mary is researching Jackson Beattie .Are you related.

Marguerite.

Offline TungchungJohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 July 13 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Marguerite,
Yep, Jackson was my great great grandfather.
I suspect Mary is descended from Ann, Jackson's daughter who married John Kerr.
I have some docs from Scotland's people, but it is the Irish connection which is confusing, Jackson was married in 1839 in the parish of Ballymena, but his entry in the census of 1861 says he is from Loughguile which is in the parish of Ballymoney.
Julie McHugh is also looking for Jackson stuff, she has been to Loughguile. Julie lives in Croy, her dad is a Currie, and her granny was Mary Beattie, daughter of Richard, and so Jackson's grand daughter.
Best wishes
John