Author Topic: TURNERS from Aylesbury  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Wendy Mc

• RootsChat Member
  • 'Serendipity'
    • View Profile
TURNERS from Aylesbury
« on: Saturday 24 April 04 07:45 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on Turners from Aylesbury.
I have a Joseph Turner (butcher) who married Mary Ann Clark (widow). Several of their children travelled to Victoria, Australia aboard the 'William Stewart' arriving at Port Phillip 15/5/1848. The eldest son Frederick born 1828, eventually married Elisheba Asenath Franklin in Melbourne.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Wendy

Offline Pamela

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: TURNERS from Aylesbury
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 August 04 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

I have some documents from this voyage if you would like a copy of them, I only have the first 33 on the passenger list as my William was the 19th on the list but I also have some accounts of the journey,

Pam

Offline Wendy Mc

• RootsChat Member
  • 'Serendipity'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 August 04 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

Thanks for replying. Any information would be great as I have a family story on the Turners once they arrived in Australia but not much prior to that. Happy to share.

cheers,

Wendy

Offline rickyt02

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 February 06 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam

I too would be interested in getting a copy of those documents, particularly the accounts of the journey.

My email is rickyturner126@hotmail.com

Thanks

Ricky

Hiya,

I have some documents from this voyage if you would like a copy of them, I only have the first 33 on the passenger list as my William was the 19th on the list but I also have some accounts of the journey,

Pam
Aylesbury:Turner, Clark
Mancetter: Turner
Horningtoft: Franklin, Wickham
Tyrone: Beattie, Beaty, Gillis
Inverness, Glen Urquhart, Drumnadrochit, Glenmorriston, Lewiston, Miltown, Lenie, Lochaber: Cameron, McDonald, McLean, McPhee

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 July 19 13:52 BST (UK) »
This is an old post, I know, but I am also looking for information about this family. This thread summarises my information and why I am interested in the Turners of Aylesbury.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=810014.msg6698546#msg6698546

Wendy and Ricky, have either of you had your autosomal DNA tested (if you are descended from this family, that is)?

I still haven't worked out how I am connected, if at all, to Clark or Turner, but Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire is the only place in common that I have with my DNA matches, both descended from Frederick Clark Turner, born Aylesbury, 1828.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline rickyt02

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 July 19 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret

I've had my DNA done through MyHeritage. Frederick was my GG Grandfather.

I've had no luck with locating Mary Ann Clarks maiden name or anything about her.

I do have quite a bit of info on the Turners and Franklins.

Ricky
Aylesbury:Turner, Clark
Mancetter: Turner
Horningtoft: Franklin, Wickham
Tyrone: Beattie, Beaty, Gillis
Inverness, Glen Urquhart, Drumnadrochit, Glenmorriston, Lewiston, Miltown, Lenie, Lochaber: Cameron, McDonald, McLean, McPhee