Author Topic: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Stoneham  (Read 139716 times)

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
  • de Blunvil - Blomvyle - Blomfield - Bloomfield
    • View Profile
Re: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Stoneham
« Reply #45 on: Friday 09 April 10 11:57 BST (UK) »
PS - it is also possible that a de burgh ancestor married the illigitamate daughter of Loius VII of France - Anges Capet m Adhelm de Burgh producing the offspring that married Ralph de Blunvil.

From what I can gather the de Bugh family married into as much royalty or high placing families as possible!
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 09 April 10 11:58 BST (UK) »
PPS Agnes Capet and Robert de Montagne are both supposed to have Charlemange as an ancestor!

I know nothing for sure.

Yi ;D
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 09 April 10 12:12 BST (UK) »
Dear old Charlemagne, didn't Stephen Fry recently say on an edition on QI that all with European ancestry can claim a link to Charlemagne?

However, yours does sound more genuine than those of us with an incredibly tenuous link  8)

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 09 April 10 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Time will tell but so far the link seems genuine although the trees on line have Agnes Capet (m Adhelm) as the daughter of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Loius but her daughter was Agnes (Alice) who married Theobold??? or Alix (sister to Mary) - cant remember off top of my head.

Louis had 2 wives - one had Alix and Mary the other Agnes (Alice)

and his illigitamate daughter Agnes was by mistress Eleane Poiton - so they say.........

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 09 April 10 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

A little more info for those who have an interest in just how far back thier Blomfield ancestry goes......

Yi'S LINE
is decended from
Charlomagne The Great Holy Roman Empire
down through both his sons Pepin (Carloman) King of Italy and Charles The Younger, Duc de Ingelheim, King of Aquitaine Holy Roman Empire as follows....

Peppin to Agnes Capet m Adhelm de Burgh
Charles to Robert de Montagne grandfather of Adhelm de Burgh

Adhelm de Burgh and Agnes Capets daughter married Ralph De Blunvil
from this came the Blomvyle family of Newton Flotman and Stonham Parva, the House Mowness and Four Elms Pedigree from which Yi decends.

love and smiles Yi  ;)

(take it with a pinch of salt please)

Offline Lady Grace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Researching my Blomfield,Blomevyle Pedigree 1086-
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 09 April 10 21:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for that Yi WIn, some of it we had but it would be sooooo  interesting to make the French connection..hmmmm ever onward onward Bloms!!!!  8)
Blondeville,  Blonville, Blomvyle, Blomfield, etc., Bacon, Mickfield, Bury St Edmunds, Debenham, little Stonham, Winston, Newton Flotman, Stoneham Parva, Normandy France

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 11 April 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Lady Grace,

as I've already said there is a 'gap' in our Blomvyle line back on the direct male side to the De Blunvil pedigree (the female side marries back into the main De blunvil line several times when the main line  become more commonly known as blomfield) - HOWEVER the main branch and our branch have the same coat of arms.

I live in faith of finding the 'gap' and hope to gain access to some Wills as soon as I have time to look them up and get copies of them.

I am hoping Sunnylew and the mounds of knowledge he has will help nudge me along the right direction as soon as I have time.

Will keep you posted!

Love to all those 'Bloms' out there.

Yi

Offline Lady Grace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Researching my Blomfield,Blomevyle Pedigree 1086-
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 00:53 BST (UK) »
Yi Win, yes if we can link definetely to the Newton Flotam  de Blonville branch  we are home and hosed, that would take us back to 1086 ( EVB pedigree)  its getting very exciting.... we will  keep searching lol 8) ever onwards Bloms!
Blondeville,  Blonville, Blomvyle, Blomfield, etc., Bacon, Mickfield, Bury St Edmunds, Debenham, little Stonham, Winston, Newton Flotman, Stoneham Parva, Normandy France

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 12:10 BST (UK) »
Lets put all the 'Blomvyle' heads together and see if we can get that link - we know its there!!! We have location, coat of arms, we just do not know yet which son started the Stonham line from the Newton one!

Yi  ;D