Author Topic: JUBBER  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Terry T

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
JUBBER
« on: Tuesday 17 March 09 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Im after any information on Harry Jubber b 1852 his wife Amelia b1855 and their children Harry, Rose, Alfred, Albert, Edward, Bertha all born Portsmouth England between 1875 and 1885
Left UK in 1886 last recorded in 1920 Census living in New Jersey USA

Many thanks

Terry
Hampshire:jubber,buist,aslett<br />Derbyshire Turner,Staton,Mallender

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: JUBBER
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 22:03 GMT (UK) »
1930 Census
Harry Fabber, age 78, born England, spouse Amelia (age 71)
Living in Kenilworth, New Jersey with
Mary A, age 55, immigrated 1892
Albert, age 50, immigrated 1892
Edward, age 48, immigrated 1892

Harry: age at first marriage 40; immigrated 1891
Amelia: age at first marriage 33; immigrated 1887

WWI Draft Registration Card:
Albert Jubber, born Dec 30, 1879
Living in Kenilworth, NJ
Father: Harry Jubber, Kenilworth

Harry Jubber, born Sept 1 1875
Living in N.Y.
Father: Harry Jubber, Kenilworth, New Jersey

There may be more information about the children of Harry and Amelia, if you are interested in them.

Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
An Amelia Jubber possibly owned property in Kenilworth in 1939 ("Guests' Move Out"):
http://archive.cranfordlibrary.org:8080/TheCranfordCitizenAndChronicle/1939/1939-05-04/pg_0011.pdf

There is an obituary for Albert Jubber, son of Amelia and the late Harry Jubber:
http://archive.cranfordlibrary.org:8080/TheCranfordCitizenAndChronicle/1938/1938-02-24/pg_0007.pdf
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 22:32 GMT (UK) »
WWI Draft Registration Card
Edward Jubber
Boulevard, Kenilworth, Union Co., NJ
Born 18 Jul. 1882
Naturalized US citizen
Machinist, American Can Co., Kenilworth
mother Mrs. Amelia Jubber, Kenilworth
Short, medium build, blue eyes, black hair

There's an article in the New York Times from 1929 about an insurance man named Harry Jubber, Jr. committing suicide.  It's a pay article, so I can't see it all, but I think he may be yours.  The WWI Draft Registration Card has Harry Jubber, son of Harry Jubber in Kenilworth, NJ, living in Bronx, NY and working in insurance.  From what I can see of the article, the Harry that committed suicide took poison in his home in the Bronx.  I think the timing of suicide was right around the time that the stock market crashed, so maybe he had financial woes.

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 23:35 GMT (UK) »
If you want the NY Times article, email me your address through a PM.  It states that he had picked up the poison 8 months prior to the act and that he had left trinkets on his desk with the names of those to whom he wanted them to be given.  His wife was Eleanor.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 March 09 15:28 GMT (UK) »
I found a Harry Jubber on Clinton St. in Bronx, NY in the 1920 Census.  He was 44 years old, married, born in England, parents born in England, and was an insurance clerk.  His wife was listed as Marie, age 42, also born England, and no occupation.

In the 1910 Census, there is a Harry Jubber in the Bronx, who was single & was a border with the Evans family.  His age (26) and place of birth (Canada) are a bit off, but his immigration date was unknown, so he may not have been the person giving the information.  He was an insurance clerk, so that seems to fit with the other information.

The 1900 Census has a Harry Jubber, born Sep. 1876 (slightly off from the WWI Draft Registration Card, which said Sep. 1875), living in Yonkers, NY.  He was a servant living with the Jones family and working as a gardener.  His immigration date was 1891, and he was an alien.  He was born England & parents were born England.

I don't know if you've seen this before, but there's a Philadelphia passenger list for Georgina Tyrrcel from 1910 who was going to visit her sister A. A. Jubber in Kenilworth, NJ.