Author Topic: Help with service record  (Read 872 times)

Offline maggy-edna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with service record
« on: Tuesday 24 March 09 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
This is another part of the Service Record of my Great Great Grandfather who was a Royal Marine 1866-1887and I have tried to crop it to a smaller size.
It is some dates that I am unable to read.
I will attach but if it does not work would you please let me know so I can try again. It is all new to me but I want to try.
                                  Thankyou maggy-edna

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: Help with service record
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maggy-edna  :)

You might have to crop just portions of it so that we can see it bigger - as it is it's too tiny to read anything  :-\

Also, if you put a message on the general Armed Forces board, with a link back to this topic (copy and paste this link: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,370705.0.html)   that will bring the folks there out of the woodwork to have a look  ;) :)

Cheers
Prue

Offline maggy-edna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with service record
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maggy-edna  :)

You might have to crop just portions of it so that we can see it bigger - as it is it's too tiny to read anything  :-\

Also, if you put a message on the general Armed Forces board, with a link back to this topic (copy and paste this link: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,370705.0.html)   that will bring the folks there out of the woodwork to have a look  ;) :)

Cheers
Prue
Thankyou again Prue.I thought I would give it a try knowing that I would't get it right first time. Jenny helped by sending the last one for me.Thankyou I will certenly try again. Regards maggy