Author Topic: Louisa FROST & James BRIDGES  (Read 7326 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Louisa FROST & James BRIDGES
« on: Thursday 02 April 09 04:19 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information about Louisa Frost b Ixworth 1864, who in 1883 married a James Bridges a widow with 6 children.
Louisa and James had a child Reginald James in 1884 and then had 8 more children. Louisa was widowed in 1907.
Any help about these and any family information would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Annette
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline fizzybubble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Frost & James Bridges,Suffolk.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 April 09 06:24 BST (UK) »
What sort of info are you looking for ?

Fizzy
Cornwall - Mutton Brown Trevethan Mugford Higham
Yorkshire - Thirlwall

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 April 09 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Fizzy,
Names and birth dates of the children they had, where and dates of death of any of them if it is possible.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Annette.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 April 09 08:40 BST (UK) »
Annette,

RG12; Piece: 1457; Folio 99; Page 5; "The Armoury", Stowmarket
James bn Marylebone bn 1849, Louisa bn Isleworth, London aged 27 bn 1864

Names and ages in 1891:
They are Sidney W aged 17, born Kildare, Ireland, merchant's clerk.
Ethel E born 14, born India
Stella 9 bn India
Reginald James 6 bn Stowmarket
Ellen E 5
Lilian 3
Edith M 2
Dorothy M 6 months  All last 5 children including R J born Stowmarket. Father, James is a Sergeant Instructor in Army, which is why children born Ireland

That's a start anyway.

Tom

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 April 09 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the information. It does give me some more that I did not have to add to the family info.

Many thanks again,
Regards
Annette.

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 April 09 14:20 BST (UK) »
Annette,

Something else for you:

The Ipswich Journal (Ipswich, England), Monday, March 5, 1888; Issue 9004.

Rifle Competition-A Company 2nd Volunteer Battalion Suffolk Regiment-The second competition for Mr. S. A. Turner’s cup took place on Saturday last at the rifle range, Finborough Park, resulting in a win (first time) for Corpl. I. Maxwell, with two points allowed. The weather was very unfavourable for good shooting, owing to intense cold and frequent snowstorms during the afternoon.
Scores: Sergt. Instructor Jas. Bridges:
Over 100 yds 44445
Over 500 yds  43353
Total 39

Sergt. Instructor was first.

Finborough park is in Stowmarket.

I was wondering if you know when James Bridges first arrived in Stowmarket, because the newspapers for that area often mention a Sergt. Bridges.

Information from Gale Databases, from http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/onrl/

which you can join online and then in the search page put in Stowmarket rifle and search after 1860, loads of info about volunteer rifle regiments, rifle competitions etc.

Good luck

Tom

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 April 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
As your Bridges connection is in Stowmarket, you might like to browse Neil's website www.stowmarket-history.co.uk

The Hall at Great Finborough, a village just outside of Stowmarket was used as the headquarters of Eastern Electricity in the earlier part of the 20th century.  Now it is St George's Independent School http://www.finborough.suffolk.sch.uk/

Wish I could help - my Bridges at the time you are searching were in Framlingham and my Frosts were in Parham  ::)

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 April 09 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Many thanks for all the information that you have found and sent to me.
I only found out a while ago that Louisa married James and I do not know when he came there or where he was from.

I am going to check the IGI site and see if that will tell me anything, as I have been advised to try it by very helpful RootsChat people when I have asked for help.

I tried the Gale Databases with the address you said and it would not let me search but I will try again in case I did something wrong.

Many many thanks for all that you have sent to me.

Cheers

Annette. :)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 April 09 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat

Thanks for that info. It would be great if the Frosts that I have been told about were connected to your ones.
I have some Frosts that  I have been told were from Parham, Suffolk.  ???

They are Benjamin Frost born c1699, baptised 20/11/1699 married Ann?

Edward Frost born 1724 Parham married  Elizabeth?? or  Susan ??  b c 1724 Parham.
Edward Frost b 1724 had a son Edward born 1749 and he married Ann Mothersole in 1774.
I am still trying to double check it all as I have been given different places and dates in the past.

Thanks once again for the info.  :)
Cheers

Annette.