Author Topic: Mary Reynolds/Madden marriage  (Read 5740 times)

Offline m1ldmay4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Reynolds/Madden marriage
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 04 June 09 15:59 BST (UK) »
Yes thanks, I saw that. Acquiring the cert won't tell me much though apart from maybe Mary's Father's name. I was hoping to find out more about Charlotte's whereabouts between birth and ending up married and living in Lambeth. Just plugging the gaps so to speak..

Cert states Mother is Mary Burr, late SLATER formerly LACEY. What does the late/formerly indicate? Previous marriage to a Slater and maiden name Lacey???

Hi

I haven't gone back and read the whole thread, but have you seen this marriage (from FreeBMD)?

Jun qtr 1856
George BURR
Mary SLATER

on same page, Eton 3a 409.

Anna :)

Modified - sorry, I now see you already had this...

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 04 June 09 16:03 BST (UK) »
In 1861 census I can only find ONE Charlotte Burr b.1857 whose birth place is given as Risboro, Bucks. She is living as Grand Daughter to William and Mary GIBLEY in Hillingdon, where Charlotte was actually married - see previous posts.

Q. Could it be the Gibleys are Paternal G. parents?? I don't have information on Mary Burr/Lacey as it seems she was born around 1817 and therefore no online records. Any ideas/guidance?

The couple enumerated as William and Mary GIBLEY in Hillingdon in 1861 (Charlotte BURR with them) are enumerated as William and Mary SIBLEY in Hillingdon in 1851.  With them are children Jesse (17) and Ann (10) SIBLEY, both born Hillingdon, plus one visitor/servant, Jane TOMPKINS (22 b High Wycombe).

Anna

Hmmm... you've already got this too at #24 above!  I'll stop duplicating and go and make myself a cup of tea.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 04 June 09 18:44 BST (UK) »
Q. Could it be the Gibleys are Paternal G. parents?? I don't have information on Mary Burr/Lacey as it seems she was born around 1817 and therefore no online records. Any ideas/guidance?

have a look at my earlier posts   ;)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk