Author Topic: Elizabeth Ann Owen/Morris  (Read 2414 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Ann Owen/Morris
« on: Sunday 20 February 05 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Having failed o locate the birth of Elizabeth Ann Owen born about 1883 and whose father was Morris Owen. It has been suggested to me that she might have been registered as Elizabeth Ann Morris in either B angor /LLandegai/Tregarth/ or Rhoscolyn. Any asistance would be very much appreciated. Thankyou Alun.

Offline SmileyDino

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Ann Owen/Morris
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 November 19 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hiya, I'm wondering if we are looking for the same Elizabeth Ann Owen?

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 November 19 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Where have you seen her to raise this query please?

In 1891 there is an Elizabeth Ann Owen aged 8 born Llandegai? Caernarvonshire with father Morris aged 37, who has a wife Jane aged 45. (Maybe a second marriage)

Family are living in Llandegnai which is in Bangor Registration District.

RG12/4669

You may already have seen this, but it isn't clear from your message what you have found and not really found.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 November 19 01:50 GMT (UK) »
There are 2 Elizabeth Ann Owen births in 1882 Bangor - one in June quarter and the other in September quarter.   Both births shown mothers maiden name as Jones so no way of knowing which one is 'yours'.

Mother Jane said to have been born in Rhoscolyn and Morris Owen married Jane Jones 29/3/1875 Rhoscolyn.  Morris and Jane are in Llandegai 1881 too - looks like Elizabeth Ann was their only child (only surviving child anyway).

Morris Owen bc.1852 Llandegai (per census) and 1861 census shows there were two, one son of Morris and Ann, the other with mother Charlotte (wife of a Griffith Owen).   'Your' Morris Owen must be the son of Morris and Ann as the other one is still single and still with mother Charlotte in 1881.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk