Author Topic: langthorp family  (Read 8206 times)

Offline Poppy c.one

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: langthorp family
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 August 11 09:19 BST (UK) »
ok

Offline Poppy c.one

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 August 11 10:40 BST (UK) »
Kirsty I am sorry if I sounded cross but I have been told that we have been on the family tree for over 6yrs this one and the fraser one we now know the my grandad changed his name from FRIESER to FRASER and therefore we cannot find anything about him. As for the Langthorp's you have done well because i was told by the register's office that my mam did not have a birth cert.
Keep up the good work. I will have to try harder as they say at school.

Offline blackangel

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 August 11 19:11 BST (UK) »
apology accepted...yeh the frasers did change their name....grandad johns dad was born frederick jacob frieser then he changed it to jacob fraser then john fraser..and he was born jewish then converted to catholic when he married blanche baker...i have followed the friesers to krakow,poland but got stuck there.....i also have info on the baker side of the family,photos and just going off the langthorp family got back to 1400`s...(cant remember if it was late 1400`s)....before i did the family trees i bought loads of books,went to library and studied on the internet too.....i have 8 family trees on the go.....

Offline Poppy c.one

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 August 11 09:33 BST (UK) »
Yes my cousins in London have given me info on grandad and unless we know which village or what part of karkow he was born in we will never do anything so he is a full stop. I have got the baker side but grandad did not convert to catholic because he still went to the synagog sorry my spelling is awful. When we used to go for every holiday like easter and summer he went every saturday and on a sunday granny used to go to church it was funny the lies they told each other. I think he told every one he did just to keep the peace.
You had to know them they were the most complicated pair I have ever met.
My great Granny lived with them you see and boy was she a staunch catholic.
But enough of it all it does your head in we are getting nowhere with Uncle Ian's side because his parents never told him a thing. But he retires in 6wks so we will have a day in Wakefield which is were his grandad Osborne was from and see just what we can find. Like you I have books web sites and my eyes are crossed . Good Luck with your 8 and i think doing four is bad. Again Sorry for seaming cross I was not just very puzzled as to why I cannot find anything out. We even had a day in London at the National Arcives. NO LUCK THERE EVEN>

Offline Poppy c.one

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Osborne Family Wakefield
« Reply #22 on: Monday 08 August 11 09:38 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of Henry Osborne we think he was borne in Wakefield. He married and lived in Hull and had three boys . John, (my father inlaw) Henry, and Ted. also Kathleen and I think another daughter I know her only as Doddie
He was in the first world war and had a head injury which affected him badley. I am married to his grandson Ian and he would love to know more about his family as his Dad and Mother told him nothing.

Offline blackangel

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 August 11 10:06 BST (UK) »
if you put some birth,marriage and death dates pat i`l see if i can help x.....oh and have you got grandad johns dads death date?and his mams?

Offline Poppy c.one

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 08 August 11 11:18 BST (UK) »
thats just it Kirsty we do not know. Uncle ian has a marrage cert I have just found. Henry married a Lilian Brown in 1919 he was 24 she was 26 At that time it states he was a coal miner/Discharged soldier. We will have to go to Wakefield and look up the births there. But thankyou for your help when Ian retires we will have alot more time to concentrate on these. Being an only child he wants to know were he came from as we all do .
I posted this up because I thought there may be a cousin Ian knows nothing about out there. He has three cousins two Men and one woman. That is his whole family. Well apart from me and our lot. Your lot as well but no blood if you like BUT again thanks for the offer.