Author Topic: Walker family in Ireland/Galway  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Loppy66

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Walker family in Ireland/Galway
« on: Friday 08 May 09 15:02 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help ?
I was adopted from birth but after searching for 20 years my brother has found me.. I am originally a Walker with roots from Galway area of Ireland with a great grandad calle William....
I want to know more....Help Pease ??

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Walker family in Ireland/Galway
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 May 09 15:30 BST (UK) »
Welcome Loppy!

I am going to move this post over to the Galway board for you where hopefully someone with local knowledge may be able to help. 

Please send any personal information about anyone who may still be living to Loppy via Personal Message.  (Loppy you will need to make 3 posts before you can use the PM facility.  Please do not mention anyone who may be still living or recently deceased as this would contravene our privacy policy.

Good Luck!

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Walker family in Ireland/Galway
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 May 09 16:11 BST (UK) »
Welcome Loopy. As with any research you need to work step-by-step through the available records but it's difficult to give you any advise where to start without knowing what you are looking for- names, dates, places (but do remember not to mention living people or recently deceased relatives as Rick said). If you can tell us what you are looking for and what you've already found we can try to find information for you or to suggest where you can look next.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!