Author Topic: john william davidson 1868  (Read 1178 times)

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john william davidson 1868
« on: Tuesday 12 May 09 15:24 BST (UK) »
hi there , am trying to find any info on my gg/grandfather john william davidson born 1868 newcastle upon tyne . brass finnisher by trade . married to elenora in 1898, they  moved to belfast and had a family .found them in the 1911 census.he worked in the shipyard till his death . have found lots from the belfast side would like to know more about his roots. many thanks william
ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Wonderful Mother & Father
    • View Profile
Re: john william davidson 1868
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi William

Welcome to Rootschat

Do you want to know about his father, mother & siblings etc or just about him?

Wendy :)
VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
Abram C[H]ARLSON Sweden/Ldn
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
STILES, DORTON, GOFFE, BLY Ldn
OSMOND Hants
All UK census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline Michael Dixon

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 19:51 BST (UK) »

If John's father was Robert, this may be him with his family before he married Ellenora Rankin ( at St Nicholas's Cathedral in Newcastle)

1891 census 4208-102-26
 1881 census 5061-43-11
 1871 census 5092-37-7

Michael Dixon
Newcastle
Names.

GALLAGHER ( + variations).
Areas. Co Sligo, Co Leitrim, Co Mayo. IRELAND.
Ontario, CANADA
Lowell, Ma, USA
Counties of Northumberland & Durham, ENGLAND
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MALEY/MELIA/MALLEY  - with or without " O "
Westport Co Mayo. Northumberland
DIXON
Cumberland.. Brampton, Carlisle, ENGLAND

Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 22:33 BST (UK) »
hello wendy47 and michael,thanks for your fast message, this what i have. john and elenora are my gg/grandparants. found them in the 1911 census for co/down. my g/mother is isabella born 1899 in belfast. have eight more names four males and four females.all born in belfast. i have a old copy photo of them .as i look at it ,i wonder about where they came from .my uncle from my g/mother say the moved to belfast.   i to married and moved the same day to live in shropshire. will now have a lead to go on . anythink you have would be great , hope to hear soon .regards william
ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline Michael Dixon

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 22:41 BST (UK) »

So William, do you have the marriage certificate for John/Ellenora ?
( This would record John's father's name and occupation.)

Michael
Names.

GALLAGHER ( + variations).
Areas. Co Sligo, Co Leitrim, Co Mayo. IRELAND.
Ontario, CANADA
Lowell, Ma, USA
Counties of Northumberland & Durham, ENGLAND
MALEY/MELIA/MALLEY  - with or without " O "
Westport Co Mayo. Northumberland
DIXON
Cumberland.. Brampton, Carlisle, ENGLAND

Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 May 09 23:10 BST (UK) »
hi michael , i will get in touch with my uncle to find what he has. iam just sorry that i never started this years ago .after thinking all your family was from ireland, its a surprice to find that some can from england . john/elenora are down as beening presbyterain. age 43 and 33. married 13 years 8 children born and 7 living all from co/ down. again thanks for you help. william

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 May 09 23:43 BST (UK) »
hi there, i have found out that elenora`s maiden was rankin. you must be right michael . i will start and look for the next piece in the census. thanks to you and wendy for your help .hope to hear from you both. regards william

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 May 09 00:19 BST (UK) »
hi michael,have looked up on familysearch and found somethings . could you please tell me if iam on the right track. eleanor rankin christenihg 26 oct 1881 at st nicholas father called gibson,mother called elizabeth batch number c135739. again thanks for you help anyother info would help i have not joined any pay to view just yet as not sure the best one for me