Author Topic: louisa barton  (Read 1001 times)

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
louisa barton
« on: Monday 18 May 09 08:27 BST (UK) »
hello,im seeking info on louisa barton born c1843,canterbury or appledore,she married william cork in canterbury j/f/m 1888 2a 944,although the 1891 suggests all there children were born before this.i believe she might be one of the travelling bartons as she was a hawker,and they had a child called sanspariel,a popular traveller name,especially amongst the scamps who are connected to bartons.ive found them on the 1881(cook) living next to john yelding and his wife,the travelling bartons often used the name yelding,so that could be significant.also there is richard barton born 1831 and his wife annie.on later census there are more bartons with john yelding,but cant find louisa anywhere.any help greatly appreciated,thanks,nel.

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
Re: louisa barton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 09 19:40 BST (UK) »
hello,i think ive cracked this one,but id be grateful for second opinions.on 1861,ive found  a richard barton born place unknown,chairbottomer,with wife nancy and children,one of  whom is louisa born 1852,unknown,all living in tents in st lawrence,thanet,about 15 miles from canterbury.on the 1871 hes born stanford 1834,wife is ann ,and daughter barbara is with them,i believe in canterbury.elsewhere is william cork born 1836,canterbury and louisa born 1849 bridge nr canterbury.on the 1881 william cork(wm cook) is with louisa in canterbury,and next door but one is richard barton and wife annie.william and louisa officially marry in canterbury in 1888.this all looks feasible,but id be grateful to hear what others think,nel.