Author Topic: Dennis Baxter and Margaret Bourke of Dublin and Westmeath?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline boatsport

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dennis Baxter and Margaret Bourke of Dublin and Westmeath?
« on: Saturday 23 May 09 16:46 BST (UK) »
I found a 1780 record for a marriage of Dennis Baxter and Margaret Bourke. It was a RC wedding at St.Paul's Arran Quay in Dublin. The Witnesses were Theobald Bourke and Mary Bourke.
One part of my tree includes a Dennis Baxter that lived in Dublin and later the family lived in Westmeath.

I do not know if this is the same Dennis Baxter of Westmeath, but any knowledge about these families can help determine if this is a link between the Westmeath and Dublin Baxter families.

My Ancestors included two Baxter families that lived in Westmeath between 1828 and 1849 (could be before 1828). My family lore said there was a family link to Dublin.  There were two families: Denis Baxter  and a John Baxter in Westmeath. I believe John was Married to a Elizabeth Fitzpatrick.

Their children included: Michael (abt 1829), Mary (1839), Elizabeth (abt 1830), Bridget (abt 1845), Patrick (abt 1845), Margaret (abt 1849), Ann (abt 1833), and Catherine (abt 1837). I believe all were born in Westmeath. All immigrated to the US abt 1849.

Any knowledge (or research ideas) about these families?

Ron

Baxter, McGough, Ronane, McComb, Taggart

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!