Author Topic: ECCLES FAMILY  (Read 4623 times)

Offline angelai

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ECCLES FAMILY
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 May 09 15:51 BST (UK) »
I will try Ireland THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!! I have more informsation to go with now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 May 09 16:50 BST (UK) »
parents of children were william eccles and rose ann(or rosanne) mcgregor
perhaps the family can be found on 1861 and 1871 census to verify

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline cleosmom19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 January 16 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi 'Angelai' -

I am a descendant of this Eccles/McGregor/Mulraney group, my guess is we are related to each other........when I get home from work tonight I will dig out my detailed family tree and put up whatever I have dug up about these folks in some searches that I did a few years back after my Mom passed (she was born in Scotland but emigrated to NY where I was born and live).  Your post was a good few years ago now so I don't know if you will see this, but I will try !

Offline angelai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 January 16 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thank You! Looking forward to seeing your information.

Offline cleosmom19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 January 16 05:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi 'Angelai' -

I've reviewed my research from a few years back, and I also saw a couple of more posts from you where you showed you already had the ancestry of Catherine Mulraney as well as what you laid out in this post re: John Eccles.  That all pretty much matches what I have, with one possible addition being the parents of Roseann McGregor are listed on Roseann's 1886 death certificate as John McGregor (pedlar or shawl manufacturer) and Elizabeth Agnew. 

I might be able to fill in some blanks starting from John and Catherine going forward.  Then again, you may already know the rest of this as well.........

For starters, John Eccles and Catherine Mulraney were married to each other's brother and sister, i.e., John's sister Eliza Jane Eccles (my great-grandmother) married Catherine's brother Henry Mulraney (my great-grandfather).  This Eliza Jane and Henry Mulraney had 13 children including my grandmother Roseanne who was born in 1881.  My grandmother in turn had 14 children including my mother Roseanne, and they emigrated to the US from Uddingston in the early 1920's approx., starting out with work in the Pennsylvania coal mines, which was the same line of work they had done in Uddingston and eventually making their way to NY.

Back to Catherine Eccles (nee Mulraney), as you mentioned my records show she died less than a month after giving birth in 1892.  I have a 1901 census showing the surviving 8 year old child Catherine Eccles with her grandmother Catherine Mulraney (nee Murray), as well as her aunt Elizabeth McCluskey (nee Mulraney) and uncle Henry McCluskey, together with 4 other children of Elizabeth and Henry McCluskey (John(7), Michael(2), Catherine(3) and Henry(1)). 

(NOTE the name McCluskey is also repeating here, not only as the married name of Elizabeth Mulraney but also the maiden name of her own grandmother Catherine Murray, which you already had covered in your research - so this family may have done more than their fair share of brothers and sisters marrying brothers and sisters, or something similar!)     

Now can you please clarify for me whether you are a descendant of this 8 year old Catherine Eccles who lost her mother at birth ?  In your earlier post I noticed your statement that her father John Eccles was your great-grandfather but I don't want to assume that his wife Catherine is also your great-grandmother because of the possibility that he could have re-married after Catherine's early death, and so you may have descended from a subsequent marriage of John's ?  My records don't show any subsequent history for John but I would not have been trying to follow his trail previous to now.  I would add that a cousin of mine claims to have heard my grandmother say that she had an Uncle Jack Eccles who was the greatest boxer in the English army.........your John would have been one of her uncles so it's possible she was referring to him, who knows!

In any case, I am at least your 3d cousin once - through John Eccles you and I share the common great-great-grandparents William Eccles and Roseann McGregor. 

If you are also descended from John Eccles' wife Catherine Mulraney then I am your 3d cousin yet AGAIN, as we would in that case also share a 2d common set of great-great-grandparents in Michael Mulraney and Catherine Murray !

There's plenty of food for thought for you, perhaps not all new to you anyway.  I expect we will take this offline and can share some more, although the site rules I read earlier indicated that I can't use the PM feature until I have posted 3 times ?!

Take care for now...........work tomorrow so I must get some sleep :-)