Author Topic: dunne and powers tramore  (Read 3290 times)

Offline joannem66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dunne and powers tramore
« on: Tuesday 02 June 09 05:23 BST (UK) »
can anyone help me with information on phillip dunne who had brother edward(neddy) and sister  who i believe married a  powers in tramore

i believe ned lived on a farm in knockenduff tramore from possibly 1930 onwards up until his death in i think 2008
phillip was my grandfather ( deceased) and he married ellen hamilton ( nelly) she has since died in waterford

dunne and hamilton and powers
in county waterford

Offline nickgc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GGF J. James McLellan 1864-1908
    • View Profile
Re: dunne and powers tramore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 June 09 07:15 BST (UK) »
When would be helpful.

Nick
McLellan - Inverness
Greer - Renfrewshire
Manson - Aberdeen & Orkney
Simpson - Hereford, Devon, etc.
Flett - Orkney
Chisholm - Scotland
Wishart - Orkney
Shand - Aberdeen
Pirie - Aberdeen

-----
Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.   -Robert Heinlein

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 June 09 08:47 BST (UK) »
As Nick says, we do need to have an idea of dates in order to find information for you or suggest where you can search next.
However, names and details of living people, or even possibly living people, can't be posted on Rootschat so if the people you've listed in your 1st post are still alive you'll need to edit your post to remove their names.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline joannem66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 June 09 23:55 BST (UK) »
When would be helpful.

Nick

sorry i should have said from about 1930 on wards is the information i have for my grandfather ( deceased)
my fathers brother lived in the area until his death about 2 years ago
in county waterford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 00:26 BST (UK) »
Afraid we need something more precise than "from about 1930 on wards." For example, when, even approx. when, would your grandfather Philip Dunne have been born? it's not easy for us to help you without having any idea of the time frame- and please also tell us what sort of information you are actually looking for so we can suggest what you can search for next.

Offline joannem66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 02:17 BST (UK) »
Afraid we need something more precise than "from about 1930 on wards." For example, when, even approx. when, would your grandfather Philip Dunne have been born? it's not easy for us to help you without having any idea of the time frame- and please also tell us what sort of information you are actually looking for so we can suggest what you can search for next.

hi im sorry my information is so little but my mother cant provide very much detail as she spent most of her life in a
industrial school in waterford ,  only seeing her father maybe a couple of times what i am looking to do is
is build a family tree for her . i belive phillip done was born in 1900 had a brother edward and a sister
married my grandmother ellen hamilton dont know when she was born 1909 in clifton antrim
she died in waterford in either 1983 or 1985

i have obtained some records from the reddress board for my mother but there was very little for my grandparents
she was in good shepherd waterford as was my grandmother but they are not helping with any records

in county waterford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 08:42 BST (UK) »
The 1911 census for Co. Waterford is due to come online and your grandfather Philip Dunne should be listed there (hopefully with parents and siblings).
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/about/futureplans.html
At the moment index to Irish Civil Registration is not available on LDS Pilot site to see if there's any possible births.

Offline vasaborg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 03 June 09 14:29 BST (UK) »
You could also write to Waterford City Library at their address Lady Lane , Waterford City, they have a newspaper index for the years 1884 to 1948 which has birth, marriage and death notices, there might be information on the members of your family you are looking for.

Offline joannem66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 June 09 00:21 BST (UK) »
The 1911 census for Co. Waterford is due to come online and your grandfather Philip Dunne should be listed there (hopefully with parents and siblings).
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/about/futureplans.html
At the moment index to Irish Civil Registration is not available on LDS Pilot site to see if there's any possible births.

thank you i will try that
in county waterford