Author Topic: Robert SMITH Margaret WELLS - NSW  (Read 2693 times)

Offline annabananae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert SMITH Margaret WELLS - NSW
« on: Wednesday 10 June 09 02:17 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am on the hunt for my great-great grandparents Robert Smith and Margaret Wells. They supposedly had a son William John Smith (my great-grandfather) in 1887, Newtown, NSW. There is no birth registed for William in Sydney, nor to anyone with the parents names being Robert and Margaret Smith. They have no marriage registered in NSW either and because Smith is such a common last name there are too many Roberts and Margarets for me to do an accurate death register search, because I know next to nothing about the pair nor their son, William. William gives his birth as 1887 newtown, NSW on his marriage certificate in Queensland, but that is all the information I have unfortunatley. They are a mystery to me, and I was hoping that someone on rootschat might be able to shed some more light on these relatives of mine. Possibly they might be on another states register, instead of just NSW? Please I need as much help as you guys are able to give!

Thankyou, annabananae

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert SMITH Margaret WELLS - NSW
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 03:57 BST (UK) »
Previous request to save duplicate searching
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,382690.0.html

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 07:34 BST (UK) »
ONLY ONES BORN IN 1887Named William Smith for Newtown are:

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline laceytreigh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 June 09 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi annabananae,
I have a Margaret Wells in my tree who I don't know much about, other than she was born to Edmond Wells and Isabella McCurdy in about  1848. Don't know who she married. She's a sister of my direct line. Don't s'pose it's the same one?
laceytreigh.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 June 09 09:51 BST (UK) »
A possibility: 8942/1886  William J Smith     to  John and Margaret     NEWTOWN

There is always the possibility that the father used either his christian or middle name when registering his children.

I have a GG father who used either Thomas or Horace when registering his many children.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline annabananae

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 June 09 05:46 BST (UK) »
thanks everyone. I will try the various other ideas and see if anything turns up. everyone has been a great help!