Author Topic: Guilfoyle Walsh Marriage ??  (Read 4175 times)

Offline chooop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Guilfoyle Walsh Marriage ??
« on: Thursday 11 June 09 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help ??

Im looking for a marriage record for a Hanna Guilfoyle and Martin Walsh -

I went around the long way and found a Hanna Guilfoyle married in Mountmellick Jul-Sep 1927 also separately found a Martin Walsh Married in Mountmellick Jul-Sep 1927 but I can't find a website that matches them together.
I got the info of the family search website which gives the volume and page number as the same - (volume 3, page 269) presumably that means this is the right record ?!?

Any ideas ???

Thanks for your time,

Kind regards,

Emma.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Guilfoyle Walsh Marriage ??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 June 09 20:48 BST (UK) »
if the year/quarter, registration district, volume number and page all match then it means that the two names appear on the same page of the same register and could be married to each other.

It's not 100% certain as a couple of  other marriages will appear on the same register page...

since you already know the names than I'd say it's worth ordering the cert from the GRO to confirm

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline chooop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 June 09 21:06 BST (UK) »
yeah, thats what i was thinking - the trouble is it's a needle in a haystack really as I have been tracing my family in Athy Co Kildare and was told the marriage I was looking for was not in Athy !!

I have no idea where else it could be but like I said - went the really really long way round and that was the only match I could find on the web ! so if thats not the one I think I my sit in the corner scream for a little while, then cry, scream some more, give up for a while and start again !! - nightmare !!

thanks for your reply

Regards,

Emma.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 June 09 08:39 BST (UK) »
Mountmellick registration district is right beside the Athy district - see registration districts map at :

http://www.rootschat.com/links/05d7/

The two towns are about 35km apart. I am not sure exactly where the district boundaries are in relation to the towns, but it is all certainly close to the area you are interested in.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests