Author Topic: Assorted Huggan Families - Roxburghshire  (Read 2036 times)

Offline jansings4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Assorted Huggan Families - Roxburghshire
« on: Monday 15 June 09 14:23 BST (UK) »
I have been working at sorting out the assorted Huggan families in Roxburghshire.  I have seen much posted about the William Huggan/Betty Turnbull line and have now done quite a bit of research on the Andrew Huggan/Isabel Robson line.  As I try to find a link between this William and Andrew (would be early to mid 1700s) I have now identified a couple of other Huggan lines to try to connect:

John Huggan married Agnes Oliver, Dec. 15, 1754, Ancrum.  Found an IGI record for a son George, married Mary Thomson and they have a daughter Agnes Oliver Huggan so this seems a fit.  Other children on IGI are Isoble, 1759 and Jane, 1755 as well two sons Thomas Huggan.  I am wondering if this is Thomas Huggan who married Janet Tait Dec. 3, 1796, Crailing.  Thomas and Janet are parents of William Huggan born @1804 who died 1883, Jedburgh, husband of Agnes Taylor and then Mary Rutherford.

Andrew Huggan married Jane Scott, Mar. 31, 1782 Crailing.  IGI records for George, 1783; Jane, 1784; Isabel William, 1785; and William, 1786.

Would appreciate any help that can tie these families together.