Author Topic: antrobus family of wilmslow  (Read 6131 times)

Offline eddie701

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
antrobus family of wilmslow
« on: Monday 15 June 09 17:11 BST (UK) »
i have traced this family back to 1708 confirmed but i am now stuck on the period 1600 to 1708,i have a thomas antrobus(known as the elder) :o born 1708 died 1778(wilmslow)buried st bartholomews.,and i have a thomas antrobus born 1600 in the same area,i believe these two thomas's are connected/can any body help?many thanks/ eddie
Gardiner,Green

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: antrobus family of wilmslow
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 June 09 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie,
I also have Antrobus in my family tree. Mary Antrobus married George Jackson in 1799 at Knutsford she was born in ca. 1775. I do not know who her parents were or where she was born.
For your information  on 'Ancestry' , and providing you are a full member, they have an ANTROBUS of Cheshire Pedigree, maybe this could be of some help to you.

musictrish

Offline eddie701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 June 09 17:29 BST (UK) »
HI ,MUSICTRISH,THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,I AM IN CONTACT WITH ANCESTRY BUT ALL PEDIGREE'S SEEN TO HAVE THE SAME MISSING YEARS?YOUR MARY AND GEORGE I HAVE DATES AND CHILDREN OF THESE IF YOU REQUIRE.
REGARDS EDDIE
Gardiner,Green

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 June 09 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie
thanks for your kind offer, I do have that information, just wish I knew which branch of the Antrobus's she belonged to or who her parents were.
You probably have this already, but on Ancestry it mentioned  John the elder son of John and Ann Antrobus remained in Cheshire .He and his sons and grandsons lived at Woodhouses and Mickledale about a mile from the church at Frodsham. It goes on to say that from 1764 onwards  the registers of Frodsham were full of entries relating to another branch of the family. I can send you a copy of this part of the pedigree if you don't already have it.
Regards
Musictrish

Offline eddie701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 17:44 BST (UK) »
hi musictrish/mary antrobus born about 1775 was the daughter of thomas antrobus born 1746 died 1812 and jane watkinson born 1753 died 1776 ,she was his first wife,they had one other child named john watkinson antrobus born 1772 died 1814/thomas second wife was a elizabeth wyatt born 1761 died 1839,children were=elizabeth,jane,thomas and sarah/thomas born 1746 father was THOMAS THE ELDER (in my first message).i have a copy of thomas 1746 to 1812 last will and testament to prove all this,also there family grave at st.bartholomews in wilmslow confirm names and dates,also listed on nationall burial records i have.but i need more info on the thomas and ann you mention!also i have no confirmed prove to connect thomas the elder to a thomas born 1600 in wilmslow,if i can prove this i have the family connecting to antobus hall and eaton hall in cheshire.i am waiting on the will of john watkinson antrobus,should arrive any day now
Gardiner,Green

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 18:57 BST (UK) »
Eddie  ;D
this is fantastic I have been searching on and off for approx. 4 years to find information on Mary.

I have just sent for the two Wills you mentioned of Thomas and John. I have to rely mostly on the  Internet for my information and the occasional visit to the Cheshire Archives when over in England. We are in that area in August and I will try and find a few hours in which to go to the Record Office, so, unless you get there yourself to do research,  if there is anything on the Antrobus's that I should look for, let me know.

Trish

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 19:19 BST (UK) »
Eddie don't know if you have this.

Marriages both in Parish of ALDERLEY
Johannes Antrobus  and Hannah Jackson 21st Dec 1699
Edward Antrobus  and Sara Hulme 25th Dec 1670

Could Johannes (John) be the one you are looking for ?

Regards...Trish

Offline eddie701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 19:43 BST (UK) »
hin trish,i am doing this research  for a work mate who is a direct decendent of this family,her maiden name is jackie antrobus.they are still in wilmslow
i have no record other than a thomas and ann antrobus had a son named john who died aged 34 in 1807 and is in the family grave,but i am not sure who he is and in fact have no ann antrobus details .there are a lot of thomas's in the family,so i am not sure which thomas this is?
regards
eddie
Gardiner,Green

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie
I will keep my eyes open and if I come across anything regarding Thomas and Ann will get in touch. Can't thank you enough for the info you have sent me.

regards...Trish