Author Topic: Patrick Aherne 1912 Doneraile  (Read 1759 times)

Offline petercb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Aherne 1912 Doneraile
« on: Monday 15 June 09 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi There, Am still after my Aherne's of Doneraile. Any info on Patrick b 14/3/1912 in Doneraile would be gratefully received. He was the son of William Aherne and Annie Cuddy who married in 1910. They are on the 1911 census.
William was born in Doneraile in 1885, the son of Patrick and Mary Aherne .
Annie Cuddy was born in Queenscounty in 1886.
Many thanks.
Peter   

Offline marmoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Aherne 1912 Doneraile
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 12 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am related to Patrick Ahern and I knew him! 

After his mother's death 1912 (Annie) in childbirth, he lived at his aunt's house in Boley Abbeyleix.  She was my grandmother Mary (Cuddy) Mahon.  She died around 1967 and Pake (aka Patrick) continued to live in Boley with my grandfather Michael Mahon for a while. He never married and he died 17 August 1981.  He is burried in Laois with his mother, my grandmother and great -grand mother and father.  I knew nothing of the Aherns except my mother knew it was Dunaraile Cork and I am delighted to find your query. Hope you get this message.

Offline petercb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 12 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your reply. Patricks father William was my Grandmothers cousin and was head gardener in Doneraile hall and I have often wondered what happend to Patrick with his mother having died so young and i knew his father never remarried and now I know, thank you.
I went over to Doneraile a couple of years ago for a small break and it was a funny feeling to walk round the village and to go in the church where the were all baptised.
I have managed to find out a lot about the births of most of the Aherns as I got hold of the baptism records for the church but have drawn a dead end on what happend to most of them, I think a lot of them went to the USA.
Anyway thank you once again for your contact that was very kind of you.
Regards, Peter

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline marmoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 February 12 16:35 GMT (UK) »
You are welcome Peter.  There is a story regarding him but not suited to an open forum like this - I am delighted you got in contact. I tried unsuccessfully to attach an image of the grave - ah well.  All the best Marie

Offline petercb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 February 12 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marie, The photo of the grave has come out ok my end, thank you. I did put my e.mail on the reply but they have taken it off. I will try to find the Personal Message system and then I can mail my address and you can tell me this story.
Take care, Peter