Author Topic: Norah CAHILL look up please  (Read 3810 times)

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Norah CAHILL look up please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 13:50 BST (UK) »
Its looking good don't you think - only problem is, she definitely isnt listed on the civil registers, either as Nora OR Norah. Do you mind me asking why I was able to find her (if it is her) on the IGI then? Sorry for being a pest.
Pauline
Calthorpe ,Colyer, Davy, , Grant, Guest, Hannington, Harding, Hartley, Hughes, Macro ,Marchant,  McKindoe , Moffet ,Morgans Musgrave, , Mort, Nicholson, Patterson, Porter,Smith, Roddis, Schofield, Scholefield, Smith.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 13:58 BST (UK) »
A couple of possible reasons as to why Norah may not appear on the familysearch Civil Index   :

Her birth wasn't registered  - not supposed to happen, but sometimes did, especially in the early years of registration

The original Index Book has a mistake and the name is either missing or misspelt

flaw in the familysearch transcripts

some births were registered as just male or female as the parents had not decided on a name

maybe she was registered under a different name and started to use Nora later on

the IGI records are either extracted from registers (Civil or Church) or submitted by various people.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 14:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks once again for being so helpful Shane - I really do appreciate it.
My bedtime now!
Pauline
Calthorpe ,Colyer, Davy, , Grant, Guest, Hannington, Harding, Hartley, Hughes, Macro ,Marchant,  McKindoe , Moffet ,Morgans Musgrave, , Mort, Nicholson, Patterson, Porter,Smith, Roddis, Schofield, Scholefield, Smith.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 14:03 BST (UK) »
I just looked at your location - you're half the world away from me here in sunny Dublin...

good luck with your search!

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 14:08 BST (UK) »
Wish I was there!! Freezing cold here tonight.
My g.grandfather, Robert Hughes was born in Dublin !   I'm hoping to visit Ireland next year if our next budget gives us a bit more on the pension! ;D
Thanks again Shane.