Author Topic: IGI batch number 7907935  (Read 2407 times)

Offline EdCan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
IGI batch number 7907935
« on: Monday 22 June 09 20:07 BST (UK) »
The following family names showed up in the above batch - Hope,Skinner and Smith if anyone is interested.They are mostly submitted entries and would have to be verified.The entries that I was interested in were accurate.
The batch number is unlisted as far as I can figure.

Ed
Pickering E Yorkshire, Ontario Can
Tindall Greater London
Edmonds Greater London
Bayliss Greater London
Chappell Somerset
Spencer Warwickshire
Tuck Wiltshire
Tanner Wiltshire

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: IGI batch number 7907935
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 June 09 11:16 BST (UK) »
Ed,

The batch you quote is a list of patron submissions from many parts of the country so its data should not be accepted per se.

You may have noticed that there is no verifiable source document given against any entry so they cannot be verified easily.  Your alleged accurate entries gives no credance to the othe hundreds of other entries.

Many of the submitted entries in the IGI relate to baptisms for the dead and if, prior to data submission, the LDS member had found the data in an extracted batch, after the LDS ordinances had been performed, the entry in the extracted batch will have been deleted but not all submissions were once extracted and given in batches.

The site
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyWiltshire.htm#PageTitle gives the remaining IGI entries which were extracted from church records and are acceptably accurate extractionwise.

But the LDS have batches of so called extractions not in the HW site which must be found by using common names in IGI searches.   One then needs to establish if they are extracted.  If they are extracted, are they already in the HW site?   For example, I found  batch C160831 baptisms and M160831 marrriages at Broad Hinton WIL may be used in HW site but no reference to them can be found in the LDS library catalogue.  I wonder which catalogue LDS members use?

Regards

Chas

My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: IGI batch number 7907935 P.S.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 June 09 10:29 BST (UK) »
Ed,

As far as I am aware patron submissions can be given by non-LDS members so if that is the case, one can appreciate that some may be porkies!!

If anybody knows the official LDS definition of, "Patron" please let us know.

Regards

Chas

My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE