Author Topic: 1861 census look up please NEVETT  (Read 1476 times)

Offline jb1807

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 census look up please NEVETT
« on: Friday 25 February 05 19:41 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone has any time to spare and has 1861 shropshire census, if i could please ask for help with my NEVETT,S.
I have a Thomas nevett in horton nr wem in 1871 with his wife mary and daughter elizabeth/margaret.(changes her name from one census to the next!!!)
Thomas was a blacksmith and says he was born in shawbury,wife born tilley,daughter in horton.
If anybody could help me locate these in the 61 it would be a great help as i cannot find the family in the 1851 wem booklet i ordered a while ago, due to the fact elizabeth/margaret was not yet born.
Margaret/eliz would be about 9 yrs old.Tom would be about 42 and mary a little older.
Would welcome any help at this stage
kind regards
Jennifer

Offline Shropshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census look up please NEVETT
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 May 05 00:14 BST (UK) »
Found in 1861 in Horton, living in House and Blacksmith Shop:

RG9/1886,  Wem district, ED 5, Folio 76, Page 1.

Thomas Nevitt, Head,  Widower, 38,  born Shawbury, Blacksmith
Elizabeth Nevitt, Daughter, 9, Scholar,  born Horton
Clment Nevitt, Son, 6, Scholar, born Horton
(Name spelt as written on census)

Any use?

Monica
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jb1807

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 May 05 21:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much...I was not aware that ancestry were doing the 1861 and i found them on there a few days ago.....Thanks for taking the time out to look for them though.
regards
Jennifer

Offline ShadtheLab

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 September 19 23:06 BST (UK) »
I very much doubt if you're still reading after so many years, but I was browsing my ancestry and came across your query.

My Grandad was Thomas Nevett, born Horton Lane, Wem, on 24 June 1871. At the age of 9, according to census poll, he was living with his grandparents Thomas and Mary.  We obtained my Grandad's birth certificate, and learnt he was illegitimate. His mother was called Elizabeth.

My Grandad, a  blacksmith, married Harriet Ann Stokes around 1894. They had, I think, 13 children . My Mum was the youngest, born in Blackpool where they had moved to.