Author Topic: Lizzie Humphreys/Charles Lee  (Read 959 times)

Offline Harris in Essex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lizzie Humphreys/Charles Lee
« on: Sunday 28 June 09 22:46 BST (UK) »
I have been looking at my tree and have just realised I think I may have another interlinking branch I wonder if anyone can help to confirm this.

Charles Lee married to Louisa Pateman c1861 a pedlar born Hammersmith. In the 1871 census she is aged 10  years living in an old stable Backs Lane Brick Field Beckenham Kent. In the 1891Charles Lee is aged 29 years gypsy living on Bridge House Farm Lewisham - travelling tinker.

I also have in my tree Charles Lee 1875 - 1957  married to Lizzie Humphreys 1882 - 1965
Lizzie is the daughter of Elizabeth Harris 1859 - 1889 & Arthur Humphreys 1856.  However, Elizabeth was first married to Frederick Trout 1858 - 1902 and guess what the witnesses at their marriage was James and Sarah Pateman.

I  am now wondering if Charles Lee married to Louisa Patemen is the father of Charles Lee 1875?  Unfortunately on the marriage certificate to Lizzie he does not give his father’s name the box is scored through. 

I note that on the 1891 census Charles senior gives his birthplace as Rochester  and on the 1911 Charles Lee 1875 gives his simply as London.  Do you think they could be father & son??

I would welcome any help or comments.
Brassett;Brasted;Harris;Webb;Amos;Humphreys; Trout;Taylor

Essex, Wanstead, Loughton;Southminster; Ongar; great Burstead;Billericay