Author Topic: Forden Workhouse.  (Read 9570 times)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
Re: Forden Workhouse.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 June 10 20:05 BST (UK) »
Apologies for the delay in replying ........... I only required the one page and he isn't on that.

Good luck with your research.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 December 11 13:04 GMT (UK) »

To: Llwyd, Roger the Hat and Wilcoxon

It is with thanks I acknowledge that your Forden exchange on Rootschat.com had led my
to find the death of William Manning Lee Rees in 1911.

1901 Census: Reference RG13/5200 for the District Forden Union Workhouse in Montgomeryshire list a William Reese, 57, pauper, a printer and born in Fishguard, Pembrokeshire.

1911 Census: RG: 14PN32479  Thomas Town. Merthyr Tydfil
Rees. Wm   Inmate   Widower  M   67   Born: 1844  Pembroke, Fishguard   Compositor

An entry of death for the Registration District of Merthyr Tydfil, Wales records that William Rees, a 67 year old male died on 19 May 1911 in the Workhouse Infirmary at Merthyr Tydfil. The cause of death was a cerebral embolism. The informant was D.J. Williams Master of the Union Workhouse at Merthyr Tydfil. The record also provides us with the clue that this was indeed William Manning Lee Rees, being that he was a printer (compositor) by trade.

If only someone knew the names of these Forden inmates!!!!!!

Keith Rees
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline shazzy67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 February 19 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I was wondering if you may have a Charlotte Davies Bapt. 3/11/1878 Montgomery. I know she was a resident as she  appeared on the 1901 and 1911 census record. She was classed as a Imbecile in 1901 but 1911 does not state her condition. I am trying to find out information as to whether she died at the workhouse and if so, where would she have been buried and where records of burials would be held. Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 February 19 05:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry,
My quick look for a death of Charlotte Davies bp, 1878 failed.

Maybe  Powys County Archives - Guardian's Minutes 1912 - 1915 or other might show some information.

Never give up..... with the William Manning Lee Rees who was an inmate as per above, I now have been contacted from a person in Liverpool with old photos and that she may have his photo as a younger man, along with photos of his father and numerous other siblings.

Now maybe I try to look  at that old photo of Forden Workhouse men again, to see if there is a possible match.
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline shazzy67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 February 19 08:11 GMT (UK) »
K Rees, many thanks for the quick response, good luck with you’re research