Author Topic: 10 Furness Road  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Sikes

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
10 Furness Road
« on: Friday 03 July 09 16:23 BST (UK) »
In the 1911 census I have a family living in 10 Furness Road, Penrheol, Nr Caerphilly. Is this Penrheol situated in the same place as the current estate? And should it be furnace not furness?

Offline CourtP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Furness Road
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 August 09 10:08 BST (UK) »
Margret Amelia (daughter at this address) was my grandmother.    What is your connection??

Offline CourtP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 August 09 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply - guess we're related.  I'm afraid I do not have any information on your - our! - great grandmother.  In fact, it was only through you that I found out her name was Hopkins.  I'm helping my Aunt with this and she had no idea of her mother's history and searches had failed to find much at all but then we found out her registered name was Margret and not Margaret.  Margret left home at 15 and went to work in London and never revealed much about her past.  However, there is a family myth that she was of Jewish extraction and indeed photos of her in her younger days bear more than a passing resemblance to Amy Winehouse!  However, the revelation that her mother's name was Hopkins has exploded this myth - unless you know differently ...

Regards

Offline CourtP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 August 09 08:38 BST (UK) »
BTW  -  I don't have sufficient privilege to reply to your message privately.