Author Topic: Census Lookup Please - KERRY - Ontario ??  (Read 5026 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Census Lookup Please - KERRY - Ontario ??
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 July 09 19:33 BST (UK) »
I found Bertha and husband William Lewis and daughter Jessy on the 1911 census through ancestry.ca but haven't been able to find them on the automated genealogy site.
They are residing in St. Marie Montreal 1335 Amity.  William is 27, born Quebec, a plumber
Bertha is 22, born England and emigrated 1895.  Daughter Jessy is 2, born Quebec.  They also have a boarder residing with them.

Jessie Beardmore Lewis born Feb 10, 1909 Montreal to William Jeffery Beardmore Lewis and Bertha Kerry.

Debbie

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 July 09 20:37 BST (UK) »
Debbie

Thanks, you were nearly sure Bertha had married a Lewis

I also want to apologise to Karen for not saying thank you for the military information

Regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 01:51 BST (UK) »
http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.amyot/3/mb.ashx
http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/surnames.amyot/3.4.5/mb.ashx

One last link to follow up on Eliza Jane Kerry.  Reference to her marrying andrew St. Marie (from Manitoba) and a daughter Azilda Ann "Lucy" St. Marie b. July 11, 1914 at Montreal.

Couldn't find a marriage, the birth of the daughter or location on the 1911 census.

Lots of threads to follow up on.  I wish you luck.

Debbie

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 07:58 BST (UK) »
Debbie

Once again, thank you so much for your help, besides myself, I know you will have at least helped one other family historian.

It is people like yourself who make RootsChat the great website it is

Thank you

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon: I have to go out shortly, so I don't have time to reread all of the details, but you mentioned
"Arthur must have travelled back to England in the first quarter of 1895 or Florence isn't his."

Quite a few of my ancestors' birthdates are incorrect on the 1901 census, although it was typically the older people who had incorrect dates.  Some of my ancestors and family members were shown as older than they actually were, some were shown younger.  Perhaps Florence's date is incorrect?
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa

It was Reply 15 that made me wonder, it appears to be the record of Florences birth ??

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 18:40 BST (UK) »
Since Arthur seemed to use either Arthur or Alfred perhaps this is Arthur's return to Canada - which would allow him the time to father Florence.

Alfred Kerry, 29, labourer, travelling on the Labrador from Liverpool to Quebec and Montreal (there is a notation beside his name that he is travelling by boat to Montreal) arriving July 13, 1895.
His record seems to be linked to James Freeman, 24 also a labourer and travelling to Montreal.

There should be a record of his arrival back in England between September 1894 and July 1895 if this is the same person.

Debbie

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 19:17 BST (UK) »
Death Registration for:

Frederick Kerry
Date of Death:  August 16, 1897
Address:  Marlborough Street, Cornwall
Cause of death:  Convulsions following tubular pursomia (?) 1 week
Informant:  Alfred Kerry by his mark X
Reg. No. 024027
County of Stormont

K
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 21:05 BST (UK) »
Karen finding a death for another son prompted me to look for births.
Gladys Evelyn Kerry who died in Montreal was born in Stormont County June 26, 1898 to Alfred Kerry and Hannah Eckersley.

Debbie