Author Topic: Death cert info, please.  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Nessie56

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Death cert info, please.
« on: Sunday 12 July 09 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

I asked for help yesterday about a death certificate, and now need a little more advice, please.

I am not sure if I have the right certificate :-\ . The names on the certificate match but not 100% sure about dates. I had William's date of birth around 1808.

There are a lot of Procter's born Chipping so hard work to track down info. For example three John procters born 1838 (Nightmare).

Would a child be named as present at the death of his father on the certificate (about nine years old).

Took me a while to get to the point ;D ;D

Thanks
Nessie

Lynch Ireland, Scotland, Lancashire.   Whittle, Lancashire.   Day, Oxfordshire, Lancashire.  Norman, Ireland, India   Smith, Lancashire.    Bottomley, Yorkshire.  Walker, Scotland, U.S.A New Jersey, Lancashire.   Brennan, Ireland, Lancashire.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death cert info, please.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 July 09 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Nessie

The Ileus one!

Did William have any relatives called John?  I don't think that there was a definite age for informants but 9 does seem a wee bit young  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Nessie56

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 July 09 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget, yes it's me Ileus
Why didn't I think of that  ;D Just had a dig through my info.

I found William on the 1841 census along with his wife Alice and three children, Margaret, Helen and John. (

On the 1851 census there is no sign of William and Alice but the children are living with Uncle John Proctor. (Same address on both census).

Found an Alice Procter also died 1847 so sent for Williams Cert thinking they may have had an accident, so the Ileus threw me. :-\

The problem is it states William is 35 on the 1841 census but 34 when he died in 1847. I know the dates can be out on the 1841 census, so still not 100% sure.

Rgds
Nessie

Lynch Ireland, Scotland, Lancashire.   Whittle, Lancashire.   Day, Oxfordshire, Lancashire.  Norman, Ireland, India   Smith, Lancashire.    Bottomley, Yorkshire.  Walker, Scotland, U.S.A New Jersey, Lancashire.   Brennan, Ireland, Lancashire.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 July 09 22:29 BST (UK) »
Nessie  :)

The 1841 rounded people over 15 into 5 year age bands - 35 could be anything between 35 and 39 but often people's ages were approximations on death certs!

do you have anything that can act as a double check?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Nessie56

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 July 09 22:49 BST (UK) »
No nothing  :-\

On all the other certificates I have sent for the address on them is Wolfhouse, Mill, Chipping,  but the death certificate says Little Bowland?

I will do some more digging.

Might send for Alice Procter's death certificate. Even better I am not to far from Chipping so may go to the church and see if I can find more info that way.

Thanks for your time Gadget, some times you get that blinded by what you are doing and can't see the wood for the tree's. So a nudge in the right direction helps.

much appreciated.

Nessie